Charge back to original technician for recall jobs

Vickies
New Contributor III

I am curious how everyone else handles the invoicing and accounting for recall jobs when you need to charge back the original technician who was already paid on the original job that was recalled. For example:

A technician did a job for a customer and charged customer for labor and materials. The customer called back and said she still had the same leak but wanted a different technician to come back out to fix the issue. We booked a new job as a recall and a different technician went out to address the issue. The new technician is having to spend a significant amount of time there and has to purchase additional materials to fix the issue. Since the original technician was already paid commission on the first job and the customer already paid for labor and materials to fix the leak on the original job, we are not charging the customer anything for the 2nd recall job. I need to figure out how to do the invoice and/or track the new technician's material and labor charges and figure out how we can charge that back to the original technician's payroll and have a record to show all of this.

Currently the way techs get paid on a recall job ran from another tech's call back is the new tech has the option to pull the original tech's commission, and the way we affect that is by emailing our accountant and letting her know to do a direct payroll adjustment from one tech to another. However, if materials are needed to resolve the issue during the recall appointment and we cannot justify charging the customer for those materials, the company just loses money on materials and we would like to figure out a way in ST to charge that back to the technician. 

Also in cases where a technician has already been paid commission for a job completed but the customer calls the job back for the same issue, and we send the same technician back out for the recall and he has to use additional materials, but in order to make the customer happy we are not charging them for the additional materials used to fix the issue that should've been fixed the first time. How can we charge that material back to the technician in ST since he has already been paid for the original job? 

If you can understand what I am asking, does anyone have any advice? 

2 REPLIES 2

LBabayan
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hi @Vickies, thank you for posting this question. I'm honestly not too familiar on how recall jobs are booked and handled. However, I would think that the recall job would just be $0, and the commission that the tech would receive would be given in the form of a payroll adjustment.  Then, to deduct a commission from the original tech, you can add in a negative payroll adjustment to negate the original commission.

Let me know if you need help. 

Vickies
New Contributor III

Thank you LBabayan! That is basically how we handle it now; I was just curious if anyone had figured out a way to complete an invoice that will do the work for us essentially and leave a more obvious trail in ST that is easily distinguishable what has occurred. Thanks again!