Exporting Bills to Quickbooks Online (QBO)

chris-zeww
New Contributor III

We have been told that we cannot export our bills to QBO. The only option they have given us is to double-enter the bills in both ST and QBO. Is there another option for this? How we do keep the continuity of information with Bills being exported? Please Help. We chose ST specifically because we were sold on the QBO integration. We are finding out that what we were sold is not accurate.

Any Help Please!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

DianaK
Contributor

Unfortuntaely our integration with QBO is not as robust as with QBD; however, you CAN export Bills to QBO. There are things to keep in mind though. Please see these articles for more information on what you can do in regards to Bills.

Inventory is NOT turned on.

Inventory IS turned on.

View solution in original post

chris-zeww
New Contributor III

Thank you for the help on this. We were finally able to figure it out. We did not have a "Tax" and "Shipping" Item in Quickbooks Online so it was not accepting the batch. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

rich_qua
New Contributor II

I built out an automation in Zapier to work around this.  It works if you're using items in QBO (not accounts).  I haven't tried making it work with accounts but I'm sure I could.  Email me if interested.

In Service Titan - Purchase order received > bill created <----information from bill creates bill in QBO with the following information.  

Vendor Name

Line Item Cost

Line Item Quantity

Line Item Amount

Customer (if applicable)

Due Date

Ref No.

Memo. 

Any vendor discounts on line item.  (For example, my vendor gives me 10% discount if I pay the bill within term,  I can have the bill created with that discount applied).  This can be applied by vendor.

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

How about credits? Have you been able to export credits to QBO?

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

andres-connex
New Contributor II

@chris-zeww this probably can be done using Zapier.  As a certified Zapier agency we build this kind of automations.  Message me if you want to learn more

How would you do this with Zapier

@frankf we can query the APIs https://developer.servicetitan.io/api-details/#api=tenant-accounting-v2&operation=Export_InventoryBi...

and then create bills in QBO using the connector 

andresconnex_0-1708953190297.png

chris-zeww
New Contributor III

Thank you for the help on this. We were finally able to figure it out. We did not have a "Tax" and "Shipping" Item in Quickbooks Online so it was not accepting the batch. 

chris-zeww
New Contributor III

Thank you. I will take a look at these articles. We spent over an hour with tech support and they told us we could not do it. 

Please let me know if you need additional help with this.

Diana, could you please help me with exporting bills from ST to QBO?