How to fix QuickBooks connection has been lost issue after update?

JosephVega475
Visitor

While working on QuickBooks, I received a message saying 'QuickBooks connection has been lost.' Why did this happen, and how can I fix this issue to avoid losing my work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LesterGee575
Visitor

Hi @JosephVega475 

The "QuickBooks connection has been lost" error typically occurs when the connection between QuickBooks and the company file is interrupted. This can happen due to network issues, server crashes, or incorrect hosting settings. To resolve it, ensure that your network connection is stable, restart QuickBooks, and check the hosting settings on the server and workstations. Running QuickBooks File Doctor can also help diagnose and fix network-related issues. Additionally, ensure that the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is running and all devices are connected to the same network to prevent further disruptions.

QuckBooks helpsupport.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

LesterGee575
Visitor

Hi @JosephVega475 

The "QuickBooks connection has been lost" error typically occurs when the connection between QuickBooks and the company file is interrupted. This can happen due to network issues, server crashes, or incorrect hosting settings. To resolve it, ensure that your network connection is stable, restart QuickBooks, and check the hosting settings on the server and workstations. Running QuickBooks File Doctor can also help diagnose and fix network-related issues. Additionally, ensure that the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is running and all devices are connected to the same network to prevent further disruptions.

QuckBooks helpsupport.png