How to fix QuickBooks internet connection error read error ???

JosephVega475
Visitor

Why do I keep getting the “QuickBooks Internet Connection Error: Read Error ???” message when trying to connect? I can't download updates or use online services. How can I fix this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LesterGee575
Visitor

Hi @JosephVega475 

The "QuickBooks Internet Connection Error: Read Error ???" typically occurs when QuickBooks is unable to establish a stable internet connection, leading to problems with online services like payroll or banking. This can happen due to network issues, firewall or security settings, incorrect internet configurations, or outdated software.

To resolve the issue, ensure that your internet connection is stable, restart your router, update QuickBooks to the latest version, and adjust firewall settings to allow QuickBooks access. If the problem persists, use QuickBooks' built-in Internet Connection Setup tool or contact support for further assistance.

QuckBooks helpsupport.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

LesterGee575
Visitor

Hi @JosephVega475 

The "QuickBooks Internet Connection Error: Read Error ???" typically occurs when QuickBooks is unable to establish a stable internet connection, leading to problems with online services like payroll or banking. This can happen due to network issues, firewall or security settings, incorrect internet configurations, or outdated software.

To resolve the issue, ensure that your internet connection is stable, restart your router, update QuickBooks to the latest version, and adjust firewall settings to allow QuickBooks access. If the problem persists, use QuickBooks' built-in Internet Connection Setup tool or contact support for further assistance.

QuckBooks helpsupport.png