How to resolve QuickBooks will not open issue after update?

sayowa8582
Visitor

I'm trying to open QuickBooks, but it won't launch. I've restarted my computer, but it still doesn't work. What could be causing this, and how can I fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

febev92297
Visitor

Hi @sayowa8582 

If QuickBooks will not open, the issue may stem from a damaged company file, missing or corrupted program files, or system compatibility issues. First, try restarting your computer and running QuickBooks as an administrator. If that fails, use the QuickBooks Tool Hub to access the "Program Problems" tab and run the Quick Fix My Program tool. Ensure that your QuickBooks software is up to date and that your system meets the necessary requirements. If these steps don’t work, consider reinstalling QuickBooks using the clean install tool. For further assistance, contact QuickBooks support.

QuckBooks helpsupport.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

febev92297
Visitor

Hi @sayowa8582 

If QuickBooks will not open, the issue may stem from a damaged company file, missing or corrupted program files, or system compatibility issues. First, try restarting your computer and running QuickBooks as an administrator. If that fails, use the QuickBooks Tool Hub to access the "Program Problems" tab and run the Quick Fix My Program tool. Ensure that your QuickBooks software is up to date and that your system meets the necessary requirements. If these steps don’t work, consider reinstalling QuickBooks using the clean install tool. For further assistance, contact QuickBooks support.

QuckBooks helpsupport.png