Using Internal Equipment on Jobs & Job Costing

bhoward
New Contributor

Does anyone have any ideas for the best way to charge internal equipment to job cost, preferably automatically once we determine a charge rate for that equipment?  For example, we just purchased an excavator for plumbing jobs instead of renting them. The cost of operating that equipment still exists even though we aren't renting it on a PO, but I haven't seen a great way to get that equipment rate onto the jobs and then exported over to our accounting software. Thanks for the help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RandiThompson
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Would setting it up as an noninventory material with an associated hourly cost that you can adjust with "quantity" work? 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

bhoward
New Contributor

Randi, I think that would work. My initial thought was to do a day or half-day rate and attach the material to the service being used for that job, but I didn't think about the hourly rate and quantity, but it does sound one of those two ways is going to be my best bet at this point. Thank you for the help!

RandiThompson

Would setting it up as an noninventory material with an associated hourly cost that you can adjust with "quantity" work? 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating