CWilkins
Contributor

When it comes to dispatching, choosing the correct technician is key! Part of that technician selection is to know who is available. Watch today's Training Tip to learn how to use Technician Shifts for more accurate technician selection. 

Let us know in the comments if you have any questions!

Comments
Sheena_Palacios
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Another great, yet under-utilized feature! Thanks for the refresher @CWilkins. I like to describe this as the color coding on dispatch, much like tags are useful to techs, this is extremely helpful for dispatchers to take a glance at the board and know who is available and when. I'd like to add that this does not impact any payroll reporting, this is just another helpful tool for our dispatching team!

brandy_a
New Contributor III

@MicheleB Here is the video link I mentioned..

mirdesch
Contributor II

We love using technician shifts. However I find that the "On Call" shift is left behind. When used it does not allow us to optimize the route because it is not a "real" shift. Also I doesn't allow for online booking for emergency calls, all booking for it must be manual. Is there something I am missing? Is there more to On Call shifts? Thanks!

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

@mirdesch On Call shift is just so there can be a visual representation on the board of who is on call. It would be cool if you could set parameters for what kind of jobs could be booked in that time and open availability that way! The only ways to open availability for an on call shift right now are to manually adjust capacity into that time slot or add a concurrent regular shift.

mirdesch
Contributor II

@JessicaSmith Yes! There is soooo much potential with on call shifts! It would be amazing if they could implement more with them. Having booking rules like members only, or just emergency no heats!

SarahFritz
Contributor

What are the chances of these shifts becoming visible to individual techs? Specifically, for those companies that do differentiate, 8AM -4PM and 10AM-8PM, etc. shifts?  

shawnaaa
New Contributor

If we add a PTO for a technician in the schedule section, is there a way to make it show on their mobile side?

Version history
Last update:
‎03-02-2023 02:37 PM
Updated by:
Contributors