Nostalgia Thursday: Blue & Black vs White & Gold

TurquoiseB
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

You may remember the infamous blue and black dress that some saw as white and gold. The debate has resurfaced on social media and I'm having a full nostalgia moment. My question to my fellow LadyTitans is which combination of colors do/did you see? (Picture attached) Also, what was the reason some people saw it being white and gold? (I don't remember 😅)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

asnow
Valued Contributor II

Blue and black for me... what does that mean??  There has to be some reasoning behind the colors you see, right? 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Kehle
New Contributor

I definitely see Blue and black. I didn't even know this was a thing before when it first came out. I was really late to the party 😅

TurquoiseB

It's a vintage brain game at this point 😅 Just like anything vintage it will always come back around. 

The dress gives Charlotte Russe vibes. Not sure if they are even still open.

Charlotte Russe! GIRL. 

TurquoiseB

You know the vibes 😂😂😂

vibes.gif

asnow
Valued Contributor II

Blue and black for me... what does that mean??  There has to be some reasoning behind the colors you see, right? 

TurquoiseB

I googled and this is what I got:

People who saw the dress as a white-gold color probably assumed it was lit by daylight, so their brains ignored shorter, bluer wavelengths. Those who saw it as a blue-black shade assumed a warm, artificial light, so their brains ignored longer, redder wavelengths.

Too much science for me lol

sambott1
Contributor

lolololol omg this dress. When this picture first started circulating, I thought it was white/gold. In the thumbnail on your post, it definitely looks black/blue to me.

TurquoiseB

LOL this dress is so iconic at this point. I always saw it as blue & black so it's interesting to see how everyone's eyes work. (Also, people were legit getting this dress tattooed on them...like what?!? 😂)

iconic.gif

JessicaSmith

I've seen both!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions