Personality testing!

BayleeR
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Hey Lovely LadyTitans! 

I am new around here👋, but learning how amazing of a resource we have here isn’t this group and community as a whole! In the monthly meeting yesterday we briefly touched on the personalities of employees and how we could test for that and learn how we can best see our employees and more of less know them truly and and what makes them thrive/ tick. In the past I’ve taken color personality tests, enneagram, and even the Meyers & Briggs. I have been shocked at how accurate and helpful they can be! 

Do many of you actually implement this in your business? Have you noticed it being beneficial? What specifically do you test for? Would you be willing to share what tests have been the most effective? 

Thank you all so much! 

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

BayleeR

I thought you might enjoy this question! Thanks 😉

View solution in original post

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

When I accepted the job offer to work here, the office manager had me complete an online test to see how I learn best (ie - am I a visual learner). She used this to know how best to train me for my new position. This can be really helpful! However, I can see how personality tests would be beneficial as well so you know who to pair together on the team as partners or who would do best in what position/who would find certain projects more exciting than others, etc. I've done the Meyers and Briggs and I agree, it is very interesting how accurate they are! I've also seen online tests that show how depending on your sibling arrangement (ie: are you the oldest in the family) it can affect your personality and these are accurate as well! I find this super interesting. Can't wait to hear more!

Khiana Klatt
CSR ServicePlus Heating and Cooling

Miranda

I didn't get a position at another company because of the results of my personality assessment.

I have never heard of the sibling arrangement making a difference! I would be interested to know more about that! 

Miranda Hufford, Office Manager @ Red Barn Service, LLC

BayleeR

Glad this may help you too !! 😉

14 REPLIES 14

driley08
New Contributor II

Hey all! My company uses the D.I.S.C assessment through a program called CertainPath. It is actually pretty eye-opening how accurate it is. LOL We had our office staff and techs do it and then we talked about it. If you want more info, I can give you an email to contact. 😊 Have a great day!

We did those too. Scary how accurate they are. Tells you things about yourself you don't even realize until you read it. We never really implemented them in any meaningful way but I wish we would have! I think it could have been really helpful. I know at looking at a few of my coworkers test helped me to interact with them better.

BayleeR

Yes! I can be so easy to go through the "motions" but not put it to use! I'm hoping we can truly use them to benefit all those on our team!!! 

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

This one seems pretty interesting when I researched it! May I ask how having the techs and office staff complete this helped? How did you use this information?

Khiana Klatt

The characteristics of D.I.S.C. opens their eyes to how a customer could be as well. So If you know you have a "type D" tech (get it done and go) you won't send them to a customer who is a "type S" because they want to know every detail and share the experience. That type of customer wants to be involved and help fix their issue. lol 😂 so, in my opinion it helps our techs be able to identify the type of customer they are working with and be able to connect more. Hope this helps! 

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

Ooh interesting! I know sometimes techs can get frustrated when a customer wants to watch everything whereas other techs use this as a learning session and teach the customer about what they are doing. This is valid - personalities do play a part in being able to connect with our clients!

Khiana Klatt

KatlynCahill
New Contributor

Love this idea! I am new here and would love to see what has worked for everyone. 

BayleeR

Glad this may help you too !! 😉

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

When I accepted the job offer to work here, the office manager had me complete an online test to see how I learn best (ie - am I a visual learner). She used this to know how best to train me for my new position. This can be really helpful! However, I can see how personality tests would be beneficial as well so you know who to pair together on the team as partners or who would do best in what position/who would find certain projects more exciting than others, etc. I've done the Meyers and Briggs and I agree, it is very interesting how accurate they are! I've also seen online tests that show how depending on your sibling arrangement (ie: are you the oldest in the family) it can affect your personality and these are accurate as well! I find this super interesting. Can't wait to hear more!

Khiana Klatt