Temperature Check: How are you doing?

TurquoiseB
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

This post is simply a reminder to slow down and be mindful. Time flies and we get caught up in the whirlwind. Many times when people ask how we are doing and we give a fast and generic answer. Take a breather from the day to day hustle and truly state how you are doing.

I am tired at the moment and this is my signal to take a day for self care. I am a mother, full time employee, business owner, and belong to several organizations. The burn out is real! So that means no cooking, fulfilling orders or cleaning tonight for me! A warm bath and a book is in my future.

Please comment and feel free to express yourself.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Miranda

Thank you so much for the reminder! 

Life is a little overwhelming for my team and I too! It's all in the name of progress, but sometimes the path to get there is tough! We are doing some office/break room renovations as well as onboarding more employees. Hang in there ladies! 💕

Miranda Hufford, Office Manager @ Red Barn Service, LLC

View solution in original post

monar_arlene
New Contributor III

Miranda, thank you for asking! Most people ask that question but don't really stick around long enough to "truly listen" to the answer but your question seemed quite genuine, so I'll take the time to answer. 

Currently I have a head pressure and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. As a wife, mother and business owner, I'm dealing with a few stressful situations all around and so life is a little chaotic and feels way out of control right now. I'm learning to embrace the here and now, breathe through these tough times and just tackle one task at a time. Thank you for listening!  

TurquoiseB

I totally understand the juggle of being a superwoman. I'm glad you are starting to embrace the moment and not worry too much. Have you ever heard of Bob Baker? He has wonderful affirmations on YouTube that I listen to for five minutes every morning. Also, try a peppermint or chamomile tea! They are wonderful herbs for relieving head pressure. 

14 REPLIES 14

BayleeR

My goodness I couldn't agree with this more! Time sure does fly by us in a blink of an eye. Cheering you all on through the hard days and celebrating with your on your best ones! Keep progressing my sweet friends! 
Progress Over Perfection! 😘

TurquoiseB

Yes! My new daily motto! 

brandy_a
New Contributor III

Thank you for the advice! Stress is definitely something we all deal with whether it is in our personal lives or our work lives. I was recommended this book by a co-worker and I highly recommend it to others! Easy read and easy to relate to... one of those books you could read over and over.

https://www.amazon.com/Who-Moved-My-Cheese-Mazing/dp/0091816971/ref=asc_df_0091816971/?tag=hyprod-20... 

TurquoiseB

OMG! My mom use to listen to this in the car when I was younger. Thank you for bringing it back into my life.

brandy_a
New Contributor III

You are very welcome!! 😊

AshleyB

You inspired me to schedule a self-care day for myself! Thanks for the reminder @TurquoiseB 💓

knorris
New Contributor III

Thank you for this! I think a lot of us forget we can't pour from an empty bucket! ❤️

Karmen Norris
Operations Manager, Always Affordable Plumbing & HVAC

TurquoiseB

Exactly! We have to feed ourselves in order to feed others.

monar_arlene
New Contributor III

Miranda, thank you for asking! Most people ask that question but don't really stick around long enough to "truly listen" to the answer but your question seemed quite genuine, so I'll take the time to answer. 

Currently I have a head pressure and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. As a wife, mother and business owner, I'm dealing with a few stressful situations all around and so life is a little chaotic and feels way out of control right now. I'm learning to embrace the here and now, breathe through these tough times and just tackle one task at a time. Thank you for listening!