What do you do for yourself to go above and beyond and make yourself happy?

DanielleCombs
Valued Contributor

IMG_1098 (1).JPG

Just because I can get by and be "happy" with just coffee, sleep, doggie cuddles and the love of my husband does not mean I should just live with that. We should all push ourselves to go after more than just the bare minimum and really treat ourselves to the things that make us happy! Self care is extremely important when you juggle as much as we do. What do you do for yourself to go above and beyond and make yourself happy? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I try to make time to hang out with friends- I work at home, my husband is also working at home 3 days a week... I need to plan me time.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

ksmith_c

My car is -filthy- right now. I spend 1.5hrs in my car every day, much like you. This is such an amazing idea. I'm going to book a cleaning for next week. SO SMART. 

I love when we can learn form each other and find the little things that can really help us and we tend to overlook! 

JessicaSmith

Oh! I also have every 8 weeks hair appointments scheduled until January 2024.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

scroft
New Contributor II

I schedule monthly massages at my favorite spa.  During the weekends, I find the time to play a few old school video games and new ones too.  I love open world games like Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.  This really helps to decompress and disconnect from the world.  I also love to bundle up with my husband and watch a good thriller!

ksmith_c

So this is a small thing, but I live in the sticks, so my local grocer is 2/3 liquor store with a butcher in the back. Between me and my hubby, we convinced them to carry pints of my favourite ice cream year round so I can treat myself when I'm having a rough day. When I buy 4 of them at once to stock up, the shopkeepers ask me if everything is okay, lol 

@ksmith_c I grew up in a very small town in the middle of nowhere and spent 18yrs there. I definitely know where you are coming from! That's a great win and thing to do for yourself. When I was living in my small town I would get "a way from it all" lol by grabbing my camping pack, jumping on my horse and taking off into the mountains alone for a weekend. (Note: I rode my horse to school too 🤣)

ksmith_c

Heck yes! While I love my family and friends, I moved to the boonies because I enjoy living in a laidback beach community. I'm a few blocks off the Chesapeake Bay, so I can walk the dog by the water, play with my kid on the beach, kayak the bay, or go read a book under a tree and ignore the world. Everybody knows your kid so it's safe to let them run a little wild, it's just a great feeling. Reminds me of my childhood. 🙂

JessicaSmith

That's my summer! I'm at my parents' beach house working, my son is taking sailing lessons, and he just runs free at the beach all day. My parents are my childcare this summer and they are away for two weeks. My 7 year old is basically on his own (with the community parenting aspects of everyone watching everyone's kids at the beach- no one is afraid to correct someone else's kid). This is the way life should be 😀

JessicaSmith

I try to make time to hang out with friends- I work at home, my husband is also working at home 3 days a week... I need to plan me time.

@JessicaSmith I totally agree, I love my husband but it is good to have time for just you and to go have fun with your friends and chill. This last weekend I sent mine fishing and my friends and I went and got pedicures and lunch.