What do you do for yourself to go above and beyond and make yourself happy?

DanielleCombs
Valued Contributor

IMG_1098 (1).JPG

Just because I can get by and be "happy" with just coffee, sleep, doggie cuddles and the love of my husband does not mean I should just live with that. We should all push ourselves to go after more than just the bare minimum and really treat ourselves to the things that make us happy! Self care is extremely important when you juggle as much as we do. What do you do for yourself to go above and beyond and make yourself happy? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I try to make time to hang out with friends- I work at home, my husband is also working at home 3 days a week... I need to plan me time.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

SGhirard
Contributor II

I am a work in progress when it comes to carving out self-time. I run daily but then jump from meeting to meeting so I schedule block time out to do the little things. Then I leave my Saturdays open for absolutely NO work, I get outside and get out of the house. Working from home is all fun and games until I realize I might have trapped myself inside... 🙃 
I just keep telling myself I am a work in progress... lol

mquigley

I make sure to read, garden, walk my dogs, paint, bake cookies, do something kind for someone else, completing tasks- I love crossing it out of my journal! 

TurquoiseB

I take time for myself everyday. Whether it is a bubble bath & face mask, a 30 minute walk, or having a glass of wine while hiding in my bathroom. 

jaquelin

For me Idealy although it may sound juvenile for a 29 years young woman, MY escape from EVERYTHING is a good video game session. I love to kick back and spend some time being a monster hunter in a medieval game. That would be ME time. 

I have been struggling as of late to go to my escape to decompress, ive been feeling as of late the pressures of making sure I am being an attentative gf, friend, and family member. Aside from making sure I am developing myself to meet my career goal. I have always been a social individual, my friends were my escape but obviously as you start to grow up, you go from seeing them every other day to maybe once a month. Family members, well everyone knows how that sometimes goes. I am still trying to figure out balance for sure. 

ksmith_c

Nothing wrong with gaming! We play board games, card games, D&D, video games, and PC games at our house. They're great for decompression, and as shared activities too!

Balance is always a struggle! But always remember you have to take care of you first otherwise you wont be 100% for others or other things you are trying to accomplish. Video games are not juvenile at all. I love games like Zelda and others that you get to explore and use your mind to figure things out. It helps me escape and work my brain at the same time. 

ChristyCable
New Contributor II

I am pretty simple, I take long baths (light some candles and have some snacks in the tub!) I also schedule a massage about once a week. I also try to take a nature walk every day.

Christy Cable
Install Coordinator - Innovative Air Solutions - Mount Vernon - New York

VickiGibiault

Very small and simple, but today I went and got my car washed! It had not been cleaned out in over a year, and I took the time to let someone else do it while I watched, lol. I checked and answered emails for an hour and then got into a sparkling clean car. I commute to work every day for 30 minutes one-way, so I spend a lot of time in the car. It's helping me to reset, and now I have a list of self-care things I want to get scheduled into my calendar. It's the jump-start I needed.

mquigley

I love this!! I did something similar to have someone else help with tasks, so I can focus on things I have to do. I hope my dogs help me keep my car clean for a little while longer!