Unique workflow - request for help!

charringtonPSB
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Hi Team-

Working with a recommended workflow from ServiceTitan & hitting a bit of a wall with getting some questions answered regarding how this recommended workflow is impacting various facets. Would appreciate any help! 

We have a sales to service workflow across various new markets. Here is how it was recommended:

1. A lead comes in.

2. The lead is booked into a $0 estimate job type ($1 sold threshold & NOT marked no charge/unconvertible).

3. The tech works the job & provides the estimate (mobile).

4. Sold or unsold, the job is marked as complete (mobile). This drives the close rate.

5. The estimate is housed in the follow up screen (mobile & office)

6. From the office, the estimate is followed up on. If unsold, trying to get it sold.

7. From the sold estimate, the production job is booked (job #2). 

8. The tech works the job (mobile).

9. The tech marks the job complete (mobile). This drives the conversion rate.

10. The invoice needs to be audited, batched, posted & exported to QBO.

Currently, a large group of people are reporting their close rates are inaccurate (working with almost 350 tenants here...). To me that's not surprising that it's incorrect. How could a $0 job type, with $1 sold threshold, not marked no charge/unconvertible generate an appropriate close rate? It seems like we should mark this job type as no charge/unconvertible, no? I feel like I'm missing something here. Help!

Also, people are trying to collect estimates at this 0$ job type. So they sold this estimate to be booked on the production job (job #2), but theres nothing on this job type to collect deposit against from the office, since itll be a 0$ invoice. Currently having to book the 2nd job out really far into the future, turning off notifications & then collecting deposit against that invoice (from job 2). Any ideas here??

TIA!

4 REPLIES 4

mmontgom

Ok so I think I understand what you are asking, but I think it may just be a way you are trying to look at the data. I recorded a loom video here that I think might help with looking at the data from the dashboards and how everything shows. Essentially close and conversion rates are independent of each other. We link the jobs together thru a project, but you can analyze the data separately.

If a tech sold an estimate above the sold threshold, they will get close credit despite whether or not the the work performed/revenue job has been completed or scheduled because it is looking at the estimate rather than the invoice.

Similarly, the install tech would get conversion credit if the dollar amount of the invoice exceeds the sold threshold, because it is looking at the invoice rather than the estimate. This is regardless of whether or not this job is booked off of a sold estimate. An install tech could put tasks on an invoice directly and it will reflect on their conversion rates, without having the initial "sold estimate" job. 

Now, if you have a tech that sells an estimate and and selects "perform work now" - they get close credit for selling the estimate, and conversion credit because those items go on that invoice. 

Please let me know if this helps or if it is confusing at all! 

charringtonPSB

Thinking more..

BU Sales - Job type estimate - should only report close rate (& assign sold by credit)

BU Service - Job type production (booked from sold estimate ^^) - should only report conversion

Is this possible? @mmontgom 

charringtonPSB

@mmontgom Appreciate your detailed response! I think you solved question 2. For question 1, maybe I'm thinking about it wrong. Bigger picture, it seems like the workflow is impacting data.

Job 1 - ideally an estimate is sold, but job type always generating 0$ invoice. So this will generate + close rate, - conversion rate?

Job 2 - booked job from sold estimate. So this will generate - close rate, + conversion rate?

Is that accurate? / Is there an obvious way to prevent the - from counting toward data since technically it is outside of the tech's control & is dependent on the workflow itself?

mmontgom

So this resource might help you with issue #1 that you listed, close rate is looking at the estimate and conversion rate is looking at the invoice. So for close rate, it would be the sold estimate above the sold threshold and the conversion rate would be the invoice above the sold threshold. Close rate should not be looking specifically at the $0 invoice. 

For question #2 - You could collect the deposit on the sold estimate and set up auto apply rules (settings->payment collections->auto apply rules toggle) to automatically apply that deposit to the correct invoice. The deposit is held under the customer profile until the new job is booked off of the sold estimate, and then it automatically applies it to the new jobs (where the revenue is) invoice. If you have Quickbooks Desktop, there is also an option in payment collections to assign deposits to a GL (settings->payment collections-> deposits workflow).

Let me know if this helps!