Create a Search Bar

vollie71
New Contributor II

Instead of having to click the magnifying glass in order to then search. Why not have a search bar (similar to google) where you can start typing and the system will auto-generate suggested options based on what is typed. And then from there, maybe have a list of the top 5 or 10 options and then add another option to 'filter results' where you can go to the current page that we have to go to. This should streamline things with fewer clicks and hassle. Just start typing your invoice number or customer name and go straight to that page. Instead of going to the first page, then to whatever you want. 

6 REPLIES 6

UptackService
New Contributor II

Everybody is on the right track for improving search!  My thought is to create a static custom views which would be available in the upper left search box or your Google drop down box. Hopefuly it could include 10 commonly used custom search views. Creating a custom page layout would be a huge time saver for daily on screen views. Each desk may be responsible for monitoring search lists of .....invoices, jobs, POs, projects.... or however work is delegated. 

AshleyB
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I would put that in the ideas section. It's a great idea. 

AshleyB

Did you know when you are in the system if you hit the / it will pop up a box 

Quick Navigation

Search for a page in ServiceTitan and quickly access it.

vollie71
New Contributor II

Yes, I knew about that already but that does not search for clients, invoices, etc. Best it will do is take you to the page to search for that. 

wch_alex

What about maybe of a search bar that expands when you click on it? From there you could be able to start typing and search for whatever you would want? I think the reason why it doesn't just search everything is because it would take a lot of processing power on their end to have to search through all the categories for those larger companies who have 10-20 years of invoices and customers... This is my guess as to why they have you go into a separate screen to search by category rather than everything all at once.

vollie71
New Contributor II

Yeah, just honesty anything that can allow us to search quickly from any page for any customer/invoice/etc. 

My company was recently with another app, and they already had this from day one. They were a start-up from about 2017/2018, so likely less data but they still have it going.