Creation of estimate templates from actual estimates

jamied
Contributor

If a tech writes a fantastic and descriptive estimate, there MUST be some way to save it as an estimate template for future use.  

There used to be a button on the mobile estimate view or possibly the present that allowed the estimates to be saved as templates.  Evidently that is no longer there.

It doesn't make sense to have to recreate these one by one manually when the simplest option is to save for future use and editing.  There has to be a way to save estimates created in the field or in the office as estimate templates.  If not, then please add this as a priority function to be added.

Am I missing something?  I absolutely recall seeing the option to "save as a template".  Please bring it back or let us know how to do this.

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6

KBlank87
New Contributor II

I don't know if this was ever resolved. Currently, if the estimate has been used on a job and is now an invoice, you can make that invoice a template.

MitchellR
New Contributor

This needs to be addressed asap, most of these comments are a year old and nothing has been done about it yet. 

tomraar
New Contributor

Yes, please bring this back

Dave
Contributor

Why would this option ever be removed?

JenniferM
New Contributor

HI Jamie! I just want to validate you, there DID used to be that option! I used it all the time, it's how I created most of my estimates. I am really wishing they would bring it back as well!! 

jamied
Contributor

I have discovered is that there is not a way to create a template from an actual estimate.   😠There used to be a button for a tech to save an estimate he wrote as a template but that option was removed.

Unfortunately there is also no way to do it from the office side either.   In order to create estimate templates, each one has to be created from scratch.  

Why does this matter someone at ST will ask............ well here is why...

Services in the price book are often short and generic.  There are some talented technicians who are able to take the time and write some outstanding and descriptive options which would be perfect to use as a template.  How perfect would it be to be able to save that estimate as a template!! It would serve as a wonderful basis for future options.

PLEASE BRING BACK THE SAVE AS A TEMPLATE BUTTON!!!!