Dark Mode

morgansa
New Contributor

Hello,

I have been a user of service titan for the past 6 years of my life. 3 years with this company and 3 with another. Over these 6 years I have seen technology develop and roll out many updates and cool new features. One Feature that almost every platform has at the moment is dark mode. Service titan, while we can all agree is a great system at this moment in time, could be even better if dark mode was intergraded. I do understand that I have the possibility to download the chrome extension, but if anyone reading this has used it in the past, you realize that it makes it difficult to see certain things on this platform. I beg of the ST team to strongly consider this request. Dark mode is much easier on the eyes and can help with the amount headaches received from staring at a bright screen all day. 

Thank you. 

12 REPLIES 12

scottf_GBO
Contributor II

Love this, @wch-alex !  It removes all coloring from the dispatch board, but the switch to toggle it makes it easy!

Scott Forbes
Custom Climate Concepts

ksmith_c
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Someone developed an ST Dark Mode Chrome extension, which I downloaded hoping it would work and .... it doesn't. I don't know if it's a permissions issue or what, but ST is literally the only white thing on my screen. 

wch_alex

If you click the extension icon at the top right it toggles Darkmode. I haven't had a bunch of time to update the extension as I can only really work on it in my free time.

ksmith_c

Hi! I love that you put something together - I mean, you certainly didn't HAVE to. The fact that you did is VERY COOL. I tinkered with it again yesterday and got it to work to some extent (i think perhaps my options weren't initially set correctly), but I'm not 100% that it's working as intended TBH. On the dispatch board - ALL JOBS/APPOINTMENTS are just black at this point? Is that what you'd intended, or is that a case of something in my environment interfering with your vision?

Screenshot 2022-11-17 092110.jpg

wch_alex

Screenshot 2022-11-18 081755.png

Sooooooo about that..... I have worked on it a little bit to keep everything in the dashboard color wise for myself, I just didn't update the extension through the chrome webstore. I will see if I have time this weekend to double check that allowing those colors will still work for the published chrome store version and hopefully it will go live around Wednesday next week. 

I also just realized I forgot I added Darkmode for the community as well for my local version :D.... (So that will probably be in the update as well.)
Again I will try and see if I can update it this weekend, and make the key modules more desirable for Darkmode.

On another note there are a few bug changes that I need to fix, such as sometimes it changes the color of the text (to black instead of grey) after toggling the Darkmode button (which annoys me lol). This has been the main reason why I have been taking so long on this because I know it will require a few hours of my time to fix this and any other issues arise as whenever I add new areas for Darkmode there becomes a list of bugs that come with it. 

Sorry for rant. Might just start from scratch if I get bored this weekend.

ksmith_c

Ahh! So cool! Programming anything definitely is a labor of love.

wch_alex

Ok, so now we wait for the extension to get approved. I uploaded it last night.

Thank you so much @wch_alex!

Hi @ksmith_c - is this the extension you are talking about? @wch_alex might also be able to assist.