FEEDBACK WANTED re: app integrations

angelica-n
Former Titan

📣Hello, tradesfolks (especially owners/GMs/decision-makers)! I'd love your feedback please!📣 

How many of you are familiar with the acronym "API"? Even if you don't know what the acronym stands for, do you know what it pertains to? Curious how many are familiar with it and if it means anything to you versus just saying "integrations". 

Thanks for the feedback! 

4 REPLIES 4

AdamCronenberg
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I am familiar with the acronym API and what it means but in my mind, when I hear the term API, I think it means that it is something I can access the data for and have to build out on my end (which we use heavily).  When I hear the term integration, this means in my mind that this is already built out for me and I dont have to have our CTO build out features on our end to get what we want.  Not sure the intent behind the question but there is a difference for me when I hear the term API vs Integration even though they are related.

Element Mist

RandiThompson

Same as @reneem I didn't know what it meant before Service Titan but I defiantly do now lol.  As for our owner I'm 99% positive he has no clue!

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

reneem

Agreed, our owner has no idea what API means! hahah.

Renee Lenox - Service Specialties Inc. | LadyTitans Board Member

reneem

I didn't know what API meant until ServiceTitan. I know that API has something to do with the developer side of integrations, no idea what it stands for (although I could Google that). Overall, I just know it is the link between ServiceTitan and another App.

Renee Lenox - Service Specialties Inc. | LadyTitans Board Member