Form options

WRS
New Contributor II

When creating ST Forms, is there a way to add multiple "types" to each "item"? For example; if when creating a form for a maintenance job that has multiple equipment units that we look at and each unit requires information (ie, model, serial, condition status, etc.) is there a way we can enter the unit as an "item" line with multiple "types" to fill in for that one item? or must we leave it with the single "type" as "text" and have the tech type all the information for that unit together in one spot without a way to separate that information?

Does this question make sense?

3 REPLIES 3

WRS
New Contributor II

That makes sense, but the equipment was just an example I used as that is the easiest to understand. As it stands right now, we have third party customers that send us forms to fill out and I was trying to convert those forms to ST forms so my techs didn’t need to carry around papers and worry about filling them out and/or losing them. If they are ST forms they can access and fill out on their tablets, it would make things easier and more convenient. One such customer form has different areas of the store listed with different equipment in each area in a table format asking for the brand, type, model #, serial #,  additional work done, and status of each unit. If I need to create a different form for each unit, then my tech will be forced to fill out about 8+ forms for each Service area for one job. If that is the case, we are better off using the paper form sent by the customer.

if we can't use the smart field for that form, then it wouldn't be that inconvenient for our techs to enter that information. That would be a minor inconvenience compared to filling out 30 forms for one job

baraica
Former Titan

Hi @WRS

Thanks for stopping by Community. 😄 So the workflow for a job with multiple equipment types would actually be form duplication. You want to hit duplicate form every time you want to enter a new equipment type. The reason why we have this 1:1 logic is to make sure each of the smart fields have its own equipment data and the smart fields don't mix up. 

Engagement Manager
ServiceTitan Community Team

WRS
New Contributor II

Really, i'm just asking about a table style option without having the actual table format since that is not an option.