Invoicing

Kathy70
New Contributor II

It would be nice if there was a way to put an attention line on the invoices. Some invoices need to go to a specific person with the company being invoiced and there isn't a way to do that except under the notes on the customer account or under invoice message.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TFreeman
New Contributor III

Hi Kathy, thank you for circling back on this and letting me know. I went ahead and looked at your account and figured out why it's not working for you.

Two things:

1) The custom field needs to be named exactly "C/O" and not "Attn:"

2) You currently have a feature enabled that allows multiple invoice print options (Itemized with price, itemized without price, aggregated, and hide items). Unfortunately this feature does not work with the C/O custom field option at the moment. 

I'm not sure if you use the multiple print options, but if not, your Success Manager can turn that feature off and you will be able to get the C/O line to appear under the Customer Name on the Invoice Print view.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Dpetoskey
New Contributor

I also use the custom print option but would like an "Attn to" "C/O" to appear on invoices.  Is there anything in the works to change this option for the multi print?

Thanks,

TFreeman
New Contributor III

Hi, Yes. There is a feature in beta right now called "Document Template Engine". This feature will allow you to completely customize your invoice layout. I expect it will allow you to add custom fields such as "Attn:" or "C/O".

TFreeman
New Contributor III

Hi Kathy, there is a way to accomplish what I believe you’re looking for. In Settings > Custom Fields you can Add a new custom field called “C/O” to the Customer record. Once created, if you go to the customer page where you’d like to add this, select the edit pencil, and you should see a text field where you may enter the Care Of individual. This will appear on the printed invoice just under the customer name. 

I hope this is helpful!

Kathy70
New Contributor II

I tried that.  It still doesn't show on the invoice or anywhere else.  Very frustrating.  I also followed the instructions in the KB and that didn't work either.  Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

TFreeman
New Contributor III

Hi Kathy, thank you for circling back on this and letting me know. I went ahead and looked at your account and figured out why it's not working for you.

Two things:

1) The custom field needs to be named exactly "C/O" and not "Attn:"

2) You currently have a feature enabled that allows multiple invoice print options (Itemized with price, itemized without price, aggregated, and hide items). Unfortunately this feature does not work with the C/O custom field option at the moment. 

I'm not sure if you use the multiple print options, but if not, your Success Manager can turn that feature off and you will be able to get the C/O line to appear under the Customer Name on the Invoice Print view.

Kathy70
New Contributor II

Thank you for that information.  I changed from Attn to C/O.  I also reached out to our Success Manager to have the multiple options feature turned off since we don't use it at this point.  

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I learn something new every day... I didn't know about the feature you mentioned in #2!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

JessicaSmith

This is a great idea! Share this idea with ServiceTitan's Product team via the Ideas board. Be sure to come back here and share the Idea ID (COMMUNITY-I-xxx) so we can upvote your idea!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions