Pictures in the Equipment DOES NOT EXIST

dougv
New Contributor

We were told during sales intro that pictures could be directly attached to pieces of equipment. I have just learned from our top notch on boarder that this is NOT POSSIBLE.

The major issue here is that the pictures will get lost on the site of the equipment. This also places significant stress on the individual to input the model/serial correctly.

I believe I was mislead, which is unfair. Adding equipment to sites was a major selling point of Service Titan and now I am left incapable of doing this.

Please provide a remedy to this issue ASAP.

6 REPLIES 6

MikeHVAC
New Contributor II

Yes pictures of the equipment/equipment location can be very helpful, no reason that it shouldn't be able to be added to the equipment section. It would also be nice to be able to scan barcodes or rating plates for an automated input function for the model and serial numbers. Our last system had the scanning capability and it saved so much time. Sometimes it would make a slight mistake but still easier to fix one or two numbers than to input an entire model and serial number. Hopefully they will add this feature.

ModernHVAC
New Contributor

Being able to attach a specific photo to a customers specific piece of equipment is something we utilized regularly in FieldEdge. Technicians want to see what they are getting into and plan ahead going to a call, and after hours screeners are able to look at the equipment and walk a customer through light troubleshooting easily with a picture of the unit (Ex: "Hey, is that switch on the left side of your furnace in the up position"). I know it is not sales related, but it sure helps with providing great customer service. 

Currently is seems like all images are lumped into one gallery. 

BCN
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

You can add pictures to forms, and forms can be attached directly to equipment. You could make a photo form. Would that solve your problem?

dougv
New Contributor

No, that would not solve the problem. Might create more problems. I’d call that a work around. We have sites where there are 50+ pieces of large equipment and we need to have pictures of their model/serial tags on the site and organized appropriately for reference. Will this option be added soon?

Dave
Contributor

I suppose it could, but what about the beta coming out?  Makes all those steps redundant wouldn't it?

Dave
Contributor

We feel this pain here.