Printing Invoices

WRS
New Contributor II

This is kind of an out there question, but for those of us who keep a hard copy of all the invoices as a backup for our business records, is there a way to set it up so that a completed invoice will print automatically either after payment is received or after the job is completed? Currently there is now way to track which invoice has been printed vs the ones that haven't. Is there a way we can change that or set it so they print automatically after a condition is met? (ie completed or paid)

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

BradInFla
New Contributor II

Not my area of expertise, but you could put a tag on the invoice that would indicate that has been printed, so that you could tell when you opened it up. I'm thinking there's a way to do this with Zapier. Maybe Someone with Zapier experience could confirm. Good Luck!

View solution in original post

AmberC
Contributor II

Hi @WRS! There's not a way to do this in ServiceTitan as of now but you should definitely submit it as an idea because I think a lot of our customers would utilize it. The tag suggestion above as a visible marker could help but I wanted to make sure you're aware of the bulk print option in the Accounting tab as well. Maybe you could implement a workflow that whoever batches invoices, bulk prints them too? Just a suggestion! Here's a KnowledgeBase article on how that works if you need it. 

https://help.servicetitan.com/how-to/bulk-print

rstare
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I would suggest creating an "office" or "noreply" email address, and in the email settings you can put a BCC email, so that all invoices that are emailed to the customer automatically get send to that BCC email. That way you don't have to actually physically store them but they are still saved outside of ST for your records

3 REPLIES 3

rstare

I would suggest creating an "office" or "noreply" email address, and in the email settings you can put a BCC email, so that all invoices that are emailed to the customer automatically get send to that BCC email. That way you don't have to actually physically store them but they are still saved outside of ST for your records

AmberC
Contributor II

Hi @WRS! There's not a way to do this in ServiceTitan as of now but you should definitely submit it as an idea because I think a lot of our customers would utilize it. The tag suggestion above as a visible marker could help but I wanted to make sure you're aware of the bulk print option in the Accounting tab as well. Maybe you could implement a workflow that whoever batches invoices, bulk prints them too? Just a suggestion! Here's a KnowledgeBase article on how that works if you need it. 

https://help.servicetitan.com/how-to/bulk-print

BradInFla
New Contributor II

Not my area of expertise, but you could put a tag on the invoice that would indicate that has been printed, so that you could tell when you opened it up. I'm thinking there's a way to do this with Zapier. Maybe Someone with Zapier experience could confirm. Good Luck!