Tag ST Phone Numbers

Laerec
New Contributor II

Hi,

We currently have Marketing Pro, and we are able to link phone numbers we have in ST to a campaign. This is a useful feature for us, but the issue is that we don't actually use Marketing Pro to run marketing campaigns. We are planning on removing Marketing Pro from our account. Is there still a way to "tag" phone numbers in any way without using Marketing Pro campaigns so that our CSR's can see the unique tag depending on the phone number that the customer called?

Maybe an account without Marketing Pro still has this same basic campaign feature? I don't know, we've had Marketing Pro for so long that nobody in our office knows what it's like without it. TIA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Laerec - yes, that’s correct. If you don't have Marketing Pro at all, then the Settings > Operations > Campaigns page is the only place to create campaigns. You can still assign tracking numbers to campaigns either on the Settings > Operations > Campaigns or Settings > Phones > Phone Numbers pages.

If you are on the Essentials package, then you still have access to SMS recurring service reminders even if you don’t have Marketing Pro. In this case, you can create only SMS recurring service reminder campaigns (and assign tracking numbers to those type of campaigns) on the Marketing > Campaigns page.

Does that help answer your question?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

e_dunn
Former Titan

Hi @Laerec - Welcome to the Community and congrats on your first post 🎉

I checked with our product experts on this and their suggestion was that if you are not using Marketing Pro to launch campaigns, you should not be creating campaigns in the Marketing Pro module. Instead, you will need to create the campaign directly in the Settings area (path: Settings > Operations > Campaigns) and assign the tracking number there. You can also assign the tracking number on the Phone Numbers page within Settings (path: Settings > Phones > Phone Numbers).

I hope that helps. If not, please let me know and I'll dig in more. 

Thanks!

Laerec
New Contributor II

This helps, but I still need just a little more clarification. If we removed Marketing Pro from our account meaning we no longer pay for it, would we still be able to assign tracking numbers to a campaign in the ways you mentioned?

Hi @Laerec - yes, that’s correct. If you don't have Marketing Pro at all, then the Settings > Operations > Campaigns page is the only place to create campaigns. You can still assign tracking numbers to campaigns either on the Settings > Operations > Campaigns or Settings > Phones > Phone Numbers pages.

If you are on the Essentials package, then you still have access to SMS recurring service reminders even if you don’t have Marketing Pro. In this case, you can create only SMS recurring service reminder campaigns (and assign tracking numbers to those type of campaigns) on the Marketing > Campaigns page.

Does that help answer your question?

Laerec
New Contributor II

Great! Thank you!