The Time is Now to Migrate your ServiceTitan Zaps to 2.0.X on Zapier!

PamDuffy-PCG
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
If you have been using ServiceTitan's Zapier integration, the clock is ticking to transition your Zaps to the new 2.0 version. 

The Knowledgebase Article on Zapier has all the info you need!

The very first step in transitioning your zaps is to get access to the 2.0 app in Zapier. I've talked to many ServiceTitan users that have struggled to get access or see the 2.0 app within Zapier. I'm dropping some tips below based on some questions we have received! 

Step 1 - Request Invitation to 2.0 Zapier App. 
Navigate to the Knowledgebase Article on Zapier and complete the request form linked in the colored box. Make sure the email address you use in the form is an Admin User on your ServiceTitan account. In the Organization Name box, I highly recommend copy/pasting the name as it appears in Settings > Company Profile. I also suggest including here the Tenant ID as shown in Settings > Integrations > API Application Access (box in top right).

Step 2 - Accept the Invitation.
You will receive an email from Zapier, subject line = "New Invitation to ServiceTitan". Before you click the link, log in to Zapier. Then click the link from the emails and then click the button on the website to connect your account.

Step 3 - Find the New App in Zap Setup & Modify your Zaps
Now, when you set up triggers or steps in Zapier, when you type in ServiceTitan you will see the old and new versions. You want to use the New version (labeled 2.0.X).

For most zaps, I recommend duplicating your existing zap and modifying the ServiceTitan steps from 1.0 to 2.0 - this will allow you to have a backup to turn on just in case things go south when you enable 2.0.

There are some cases you'll want to edit the existing zap - if you are using any zaps with Zapier Webhooks, you'll want to modify the existing Zap/webhook. I like to add the 2.0 app as a step before the 1.0 step, then add a filter step between the two and configure it so if the 2.0 step fails, run the 1.0 step. 

Notes -
  • The team at PCG has encountered some funky error messages while setting up zaps. The Zap error messages in 2.0 are not very helpful as of yet; but I know the team at ServiceTitan is working on this! We have had great luck comparing the requirements listed in the API Reference document in Zapier in order to get it to work.
  • If you do not receive the invite email within 1 business day, reach out to integrations@servicetitan.com with your information including tenant ID. It is highly likely the information entered in your form was accidentally matched up with another ST contractor. In my experience, this is the primary reason that the invite email doesn't come through.

If you need help in transitioning your zaps, feel free to reach out to our team. We are certified experts with ServiceTitan and Zapier! 

---
Pam Duffy, Powerhouse Consulting Group
ServiceTitan Certified Coach + ServiceTitan Certified Marketer + Zapier Certified Expert
3 REPLIES 3

Go_Time_Gary

We used to use when a job completes and has a certain tag in the old Zapier, the 2.0 does not appear to have Tag as a condition to trigger a zap on jobs.  Am I missing something here?   Looking at sending alerts to GMail to scrape the data from but a direct from ST to zapier like we used to have would be vastly superior.

PamDuffy-PCG

There is a field for tagTypeIds - so you can add a filter step to only run the zap upon specific tags. 

---
Pam Duffy, Powerhouse Consulting Group
ServiceTitan Certified Coach + ServiceTitan Certified Marketer + Zapier Certified Expert

DanielleCombs
Valued Contributor

Great information Pam! Thank you for helping everyone stay on top of this. The new and improved APIs are a game changer, so much easier to work with and gives users more control.