Time zone discrepancies

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I work in a different time zone that my company is located in. I have the config turned on that locks the time zone so I can't mess up the schedule because I'm in a different time zone. But some things appear to me in my timezone (timesheets) and other things show in their timezone (reports). I'm never sure what time zone I'm looking at!! I have to try to infer based on context clues. Any ideas? Is there a way to make timezone show in my reports or something?

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PamDuffy-PCG
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

The config should help in most cases, but the surefire way to know what you're looking at is to change your computer's time zone to match the Company. It's annoying and I'm always losing/gaining hours in my day 😂 but it works! I have also had great luck using a Chrome extension called Change Timezone to spoof the time zone of the Company - but you do have to remember to swap it back if you want to use time functions on other websites. Still, I like it better than changing the computer's time zone. 

---
Pam Duffy, Powerhouse Consulting Group
ServiceTitan Certified Coach + ServiceTitan Certified Marketer + Zapier Certified Expert

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

dthompso4
New Contributor III

Same issue here. I would like the option to at least set up time zones for business units or a staggered board w diff times zones. 

AmberC
Contributor II

I feel your pain on this one @JessicaSmith! ST is in CA but also has offices in UT and GA so it's always confusing. 😅

PamDuffy-PCG

The config should help in most cases, but the surefire way to know what you're looking at is to change your computer's time zone to match the Company. It's annoying and I'm always losing/gaining hours in my day 😂 but it works! I have also had great luck using a Chrome extension called Change Timezone to spoof the time zone of the Company - but you do have to remember to swap it back if you want to use time functions on other websites. Still, I like it better than changing the computer's time zone. 

---
ServiceTitan Certified Coach + ServiceTitan Certified Marketer + Zapier Certified Expert

Pam, I don't see how this is a solution. It's not even a work around. No matter if I book in my time zone, or book in my companies time zone, the arrival time window will be incorrect to the customer on the notification. If I book my customer for an 8am arrival window, and my company is in PST, and I'm in AZ time, half the year the notification to the customer will show a 7am arrival window. If I were to change my computer's time zone to PST, and schedule the same customer for 7am, it will still show a 7am arrival time to the customer. If I scheduled them for 8am, then the ACTUAL time (and probably the time in ServiceTitanMobile) will be all messed up. I don't understand how such an easy feature with an easy fix via programming, still isn't fixed. There really needs to be a solution for Business Units to have their own time zones, or at least the option to.

I'm trying to troubleshoot the same area.  We have customers in Cental/Eastern time and our office is in Central.  Please let me know if you've found any kind of resolution to this.

PamDuffy-PCG

I understand and can TOTALLY empathize with your frustration. I don't work for ServiceTitan so I can only provide workarounds on things like this and not software-based solutions. The root cause (as I understand it) is the time zone that is detected by your browser. You're right that you should be able to "set" your user time zone in ST rather than the platform automatically detecting your time zone, and that areas that cross over on time zones are particularly problematic. 

I've added an idea that you can upvote. I've also linked below some other items you can upvote related to time zones:

Add User Setting for Time Zone 

Timezones on tech shifts 

Reporting Pulls Data in Local Tenant Timezone 

Mapping schedule engine availability hours based on business unit hours 

---

JessicaSmith

Your replies are always so helpful!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

JessicaSmith

@PamDuffy-PCG this extension is amazing! And I use a different instance of Chrome for work than I do for personal, so I can just leave the extension set for Pacific all the time.

PamDuffy-PCG

YAY!!! I'm so glad! Especially if you're using that one Chrome profile, it should work great! 

---