Task Mirroring through Form Submission

Nelson_Gothard
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Is there a way for the ST system to allow for a form to be submitted by a technician after a job, from which tasks are automatically launched which pull inventory items from active stock? If possible, could a master inventory list also be pulled from each vehicle at the end of day for warehouse bin restocking by compiling the submitted forms into a complete usage report, as well as create a condensed version of the job costing for reflection into the dispatch board/follow up section. I am having a difficult time creating a link between the form and tracking inventory without having to be bridged with manual input. I am trying to automate the inventory to where it can be adjusted on a per-job basis as well as compile a list of inventory usage and cost for the warehouse.

As an example, a technician uses 4 parts for a job, after the job, the technician fills out a form with a numeric input for the individual parts, and the form is then mirrored onto individual tasks, from which the vehicle inventory is adjusted. The system would then compile the inventory cost per job, which can be seen on the invoice page, keep a running tally of inventory usage per day, as well as trigger a notification for the warehouse to create a specific and not wasteful restocking bin for the vehicle upon its return to the warehouse. 

I apologize for the long-windedness of the question.

3 REPLIES 3

e_dunn
Former Titan

Hi @Nelson_Gothard - welcome to the ServiceTitan Community and congratulations on your first post! 🎉

Let's see if we can answer your question. I think is a great idea and would certainly make your process smoother, so it may be a great suggestion to add to the Ideas board. @JessicaSmith - I know you submitted idea COMMUNITY-I-1817, to trigger tasks based on alerts. Would @Nelson_Gothard's be another "trigger" option that should be considered by our Product team? If yes, should he submit the idea?

Nelson_Gothard

Just got the idea put to the community: COMMUNITY-I-2660

JessicaSmith

I feel like if materials are being put on invoices, a replenishment report could be all that is needed here.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions