Adding Sold Estimate to an Existing Job

aware134
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
Hey gang! Looking for some insight/clarity on booking sold estimates on existing jobs. Is there a reason/logic to not allowing the office to add sold work from MOBILE to any other existing job?

We had a septic technician sell additional work on a job yesterday and according to Tech Support there is no way to add this to an existing job for another department... the jobs are in the same project, have the same techs, etc. The explanation I got from support was "the tech didn't select perform work now you cannot book this job into an existing job. You can select book a new job and still they will be in the same project....the estimate cannot be booked in the existing job from the office side since the tech when creating the estimate has to click perform work now so you can book it into an existing job from the office side.... this is the current workflow for booking the estimates into job from the office side now :)... When he select perform work later you won't be able to book that estimate into an existing job from the mobile side anymore. The only available workaround would be to book it into a new job and they will be in the same project" If he selects "perform work now" it would add the sold tasks to his invoice, but he is not the one performing the work, nor is the work being completed today. So WHY would we want him to select that option??

If any of the ST folks can help this make sense to me I would GREATLY appreciate it!
#soconfused 
4 REPLIES 4

lbrewste
New Contributor III

Gosh! As a power user I am just as frustrated by this as you (talked to support this morning, still no fix expect the work around that takes triple the time). Vote for my community improvement idea here ! 

https://ideas.community.servicetitan.com/ideas/COMMUNITY-I-781

aware134

Upvoted this a while back, but never noted it! I hope they make this happen!! 😄

ErikaAdept
New Contributor

I feel for you! This is so very frustrating, as my technicians keep clicking no to performing the work then completing the call so I have been having to duplicate the estimate and book an additional job. I hope they find a better fix soon and best of luck!

BCN
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Theres a "select existing job" button on the office side when converting an estimate, but there are certain criteria in order for it to show up. This should help https://help.servicetitan.com/how-to/book-sold-existing-job