Materials list for equipment installations

dianna54
New Contributor II

Wondering what the best workflow is for sending materials lists to the parts department "pull or order list" for install jobs. When we go out for the measurements, we currently just have the pre-install technicians write up the full list of materials needed for the job in the invoice summary of the "pre-install" job and then email the invoice to our warehouse manager. Obviously, this is not the best way. We would like to have the ability to select from a list of options (materials that are most often needed for equipment installations) and have that list sent to our warehouse/parts department.

Any ideas?

@mtucker 

3 REPLIES 3

RandiThompson
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

There are a few ways that I know of...

Link materials to your equipment or create material kits in your pricebook then add them to the estimate. Our warehouse dept is one of our weakest in the technology department so we print the estimate or job invoice (after everything has been transferred to the the job) to use as the pull sheet, that way the guy pulling it can label the job with the job# or address. (tip hit CTRL P don't just hit print cuz the nonchargeable materials wont show).

You could also build a report for upcoming jobs materials needed.

Requisitions workflow would probably work.

If you are not using inventory a form would probably work, my thought process would be to build it with the most used items and have the seller check off what's needed then create an alert for when its completed to be sent to the puller/orderer. 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

I see. Thanks for the response. It's a bummer there isn't a better way to print the materials that looks cleaner.

What report are you referring to? I searched for "requisitions workflow" with no results. I also looked at other options and couldn't find any report that lists materials.

The trouble with a form is variable quantities... that is what I was planning to do at first, but the way forms are formatted, it is impractical for this use.

RandiThompson

This link has the requisition info that I could find. https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fhelp.servicetitan.com%2FContent%2FResources%2FImages%2Fcu... 

You could build a report using the invoice items template, search by "scheduled date" 

image.png 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating