Permit and Install Coordinating

mquigley
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Hey fellow ST members, 

Do any of you put the permits in ST forms to be filled out? Also, do you think its a best practice to put the town in like a customer account so you can record the calls and then reassign the call to the job? We have tags permit applied, permit approved but I just would like more accountability. 

I wonder if anyone has alerts set up to make sure jobs don't sit on hold for too long as a reminder? 

Thanks team! 

3 REPLIES 3

reneem

One thing I think works really great for permits is custom fields on the job.

Add a few custom fields: 

-Permit Number: short text field

-County/City: dropdown of all your jurisdictions

-Permit Finalized: Yes/No/Scheduled/Failed/Finalized

Since Custom Fields are searchable, you can easily go to your search screen, look at how many are not finalized, you can even export that data and send an email blast to those people that they need to get their inspection scheduled. Also, I know Marketing Pro is working on being able to use custom fields for marketing pro emails, so hopefully in the near future you will also be able to have automated emails go out to those that have not scheduled their final inspections!! It has worked really seamlessly for many years for us. I am happy to show you in more detail if you want, just reach out to me! renee@ssihvac.com

Renee Lenox - Service Specialties Inc. | LadyTitans Board Member

sjaeger

use task manager to track our permit process.  

1.  Tech fills out a permit request form.

2.  Zapier creates a task in St when the form is filled out.

3.  Our permit Cordinator gets the form via email and starts the process, keeping notes in the task.

4.  Task shows up on Job pages so we can track the progress.

Kathy1
New Contributor II

This seems very helpful