MarketingPro Audience Builder Filtering

OAS11
New Contributor

Currently, multiple options within an individual filter in a group is considered OR.  We should have a dropdown option to decide whether we want OR or AND filtering.  Essentially, I can't email customers that have used us for all service options unless I retroactively add tags to each individual customer.

A lot of the feedback I've received with using audience builder from ServiceTitan is to retroactively add tags to make the filtering work to my advantage.  The reality is, nobody has the capacity to go back to customer lists in the thousands and add tags.  The data already exists in the customer profile, we just need the filtering options for it in Audience Builder.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

PamDuffy-PCG
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Within groups, the functionality is AND. If you have multiple filter groups, the functionality is OR between those groups.

Can you explain a little more about your use case? You should be able to pull all customers with jobs in A, B, or C BUs within just one inclusion group. Could you post a screenshot? 

Another option could be to reverse it and do inclusion group = all customers, and exclude the folks you don't want to receive the campaign. 

---
Pam Duffy, Powerhouse Consulting Group
ServiceTitan Certified Coach + ServiceTitan Certified Marketer + Zapier Certified Expert

Hey Pam,

The issue IS the fact that multiple filter groups in one group = OR only.  If you only have it set up as OR then you can't pull customer lists such as those that have used you for all your service offerings (ex: a customer that has used you for both HVAC AND Plumbing.  Currently, ServiceTitan will pull lists of customers who have used you for either or).

Hope that helps clarify what I'm experiencing.

Thank you!

PamDuffy-PCG

Hi there! 

Yes - if you have multiple trades, it's not easy to pull customers who have used you for HVAC and Plumbing, but not Electrical. 

In my three-trade example, could you do it this way?

Audience 1 = Inclusion:  customers with an HVAC Invoice, Exclusion: customers who have an Electrical invoice. 

That would leave HVAC customers AND HVAC customers + Plumbing Customers. You could send this group some kind of generic campaign. 

Audience 2 = Inclusion: Received email 1 (was in audience 1) Exclusion: anyone with a plumbing invoice. The result should be HVAC only customers (no electrical, no plumbing). 

Obviously this is convoluted, and would be much easier if you could dice it the way you want from the beginning! 

---
Pam Duffy, Powerhouse Consulting Group
ServiceTitan Certified Coach + ServiceTitan Certified Marketer + Zapier Certified Expert