Dispatch Notifications - Scripts

asnow
Valued Contributor II

One of my favorite features in ServiceTitan is dispatch notifications! Having the ability to automatically send a dispatch notification to a customer, with an attached bio, expectations, and other important information can really elevate the customer experience! 

If you haven't started using this feature, go to settings > Communication > Customer Notifications and then click on the Dispatch Notifications you'd like to use.

dispatch notifications.PNG

When setting up your notification script, you might want to use something similar to this: 

Hi! Your [Your Company Name] representative, [Technician Name], is on the way to [Service Location Address]. Please know that we aim to deliver a five star customer experience. [Technician Name] will be wearing a [Your Company Name] uniform and arrive in a marked vehicle. Following our time at your home, we will send all information digitally — including a link to view your estimates and pay online! You may reply to this message or call the office with any questions: [Business Unit Phone Number]. See you soon! Follow this link to see where your technician is: [Tech Tracking URL]. Reply STOP to STOP receiving text messages.

You can also include a bio of your technician along with their photo so the customer can make an instant connection. 

We would love for you to share what YOU put in your dispatch notification memo. Please leave a comment and let us know what you include in your dispatch notifications!

For more information on dispatch notifications, see our full article in our Contractor Playbook. 

7 REPLIES 7

chelsea_6
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Thank you! We finally hired a Community Marketer and she is killing it!

asnow
Valued Contributor II

@chelsea_6  I love that you add those extra things we might forget to say as CSRs. Love the idea for contest information, and Facebook link! So clever!! BTW, love your company's Facebook page and stories. Whoever on your team is contributing there is doing an amazing job! 🔥

chelsea_6

Love this feature as well. It is a great way to include important information that CSRs sometimes forget to note. We have a blurp in there about putting your pets away before we arrive. We also put contest information in there from time to time and put in a link to our facebook

BPInicolemarcot
New Contributor

We love this feature!  Great service to our customers. However, when the technicians need a bit more time for an estimate, etc, they pause the job and when they go to finish it, it alerts the customer that the technician is on the way.  Is there a way to prevent this confusion  besides having to turn off the notifications for the customer and then having to turn them back on?  

asnow
Valued Contributor II

@BPInicolemarcot thanks for your question, and for being one of the first to post in our new group! Please DM me with your email address so we can send you some ST swag!

Hi! You can actually turn off notifications at the job level as well. Just go into the job page and there is a job notifications toggle that you can turn notifications for that job on and off.
Also, can you help me understand what it means when your tech needs more time? Just want to make sure I understand the question.
Hope that helps!

Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 3.49.24 PM.png

Conner W.

If they need more time to write the estimate- like do research, search for pricing but need to leave to another job.   We do use the job notifications toggle, but so the techs have access to turn this off from the mobile side?  They tend to do this all on their own time and we aren't made aware when we need to turn these notifications off.