Question for discussion group please respond.

jeisenman
Former Titan

In talking to my co-workers I get some comments from prospective garage door shops that tell us ServiceTitan is over rated where they get that information from discussion groups. What groups are they interacting with on the net if you know can you share your perspective? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Nwoodard0923
New Contributor III

They are interacting with a couple different facebook groups and what Cody says below is pretty accurate.  I'll give my 2 cents which is a different perspective, thanks for asking! Most garage door companies are run by guys that have been doing paper invoices for years. When they are ready to switch to a software, it needs to be simple, clean, easy to use, and functional or they won't like it. This is a fair point, and Service Titan definitely fails on the clean and easy to use aspects. I've been paperless for about 9 years and have been through most softwares out there. A couple of the other ones FAR surpass ST for their cleanliness and ease of use. Many times ST is unnecessarily complicated. It isn't laid out well and doesn't use color or dividers to make things easier to read. I could share some screenshots of a past software and ST and you'll immediately see what I mean.  If it was cleaner, it would be an easier sell, then you could start sharing some of the advanced features that really make it shine.  Until this happens, I think ST will just have to concede to loose a lot of these businesses to other softwares. 

View solution in original post

DrewBurkenpas
New Contributor

We are currently onboarding with ST and go live on Friday. Previous to ST we were using Service Fusion and it worked for us while we transitioned from paper W.O. to dispatch software. I feel now that we have outgrown SF and that is why we started looking for other software. I can see how ST would be very overwhelming and "over rated" if you are not willing to put in the time to set it up and utilize its potential. I am very excited for the potential that we have with ST and realize that it is not a software that will just do everything for us with no effort. I think a lot of complainers in the facebook world tend to be the same ones that complain about new technology like the surewinder and other tools that have helped make our industry better. I have been impressed with the training team and our on boarder has been awesome to work with. I see the companies in our area that are using ST (no door companies, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, water systems) and I see how they have grown over the last couple of years and can see that ST has helped with that growth. I demoed a few other softwares and felt that ST has a lot of potential and will grow as we continue to grow. I don't think overrated is the term, but more overwhelming until we get the hang of it and continue to add and utilize its full potential.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

DrewBurkenpas
New Contributor

We are currently onboarding with ST and go live on Friday. Previous to ST we were using Service Fusion and it worked for us while we transitioned from paper W.O. to dispatch software. I feel now that we have outgrown SF and that is why we started looking for other software. I can see how ST would be very overwhelming and "over rated" if you are not willing to put in the time to set it up and utilize its potential. I am very excited for the potential that we have with ST and realize that it is not a software that will just do everything for us with no effort. I think a lot of complainers in the facebook world tend to be the same ones that complain about new technology like the surewinder and other tools that have helped make our industry better. I have been impressed with the training team and our on boarder has been awesome to work with. I see the companies in our area that are using ST (no door companies, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, water systems) and I see how they have grown over the last couple of years and can see that ST has helped with that growth. I demoed a few other softwares and felt that ST has a lot of potential and will grow as we continue to grow. I don't think overrated is the term, but more overwhelming until we get the hang of it and continue to add and utilize its full potential.

jeisenman
Former Titan

Please send the screen shots if you would? This is good information and it helps for the community and all around to understand this. Thank you in advance for your different and honest perspective. 

Nwoodard0923
New Contributor III

They are interacting with a couple different facebook groups and what Cody says below is pretty accurate.  I'll give my 2 cents which is a different perspective, thanks for asking! Most garage door companies are run by guys that have been doing paper invoices for years. When they are ready to switch to a software, it needs to be simple, clean, easy to use, and functional or they won't like it. This is a fair point, and Service Titan definitely fails on the clean and easy to use aspects. I've been paperless for about 9 years and have been through most softwares out there. A couple of the other ones FAR surpass ST for their cleanliness and ease of use. Many times ST is unnecessarily complicated. It isn't laid out well and doesn't use color or dividers to make things easier to read. I could share some screenshots of a past software and ST and you'll immediately see what I mean.  If it was cleaner, it would be an easier sell, then you could start sharing some of the advanced features that really make it shine.  Until this happens, I think ST will just have to concede to loose a lot of these businesses to other softwares. 

jeisenman
Former Titan

Thank you so much for the response along with incite 

Ccjohnson
New Contributor II

The garage door industry is still back in the 80's era. There aren't that many that like technology and embrace it. The issue is overall the majority of the garage door industry hates themselves and don't value their time and worth.  Most of the complainers sit in garage door groups and just complain the entire time.  it's a vicious cycle of self hate.  Tommy and Adam are doing their best to raise the standards and establish a best practice organization.  it will take time for improvement.