CShang
New Contributor II

We are live! Please feel free to ask your questions on this Discussion Board! We look forward to seeing your questions! 

Update! We are extending to the end of April! If you got some burning questions about Refunds (or maybe getting rid of credits) please feel free to submit your question(s) to the discussion board. 

Attention all Accounting feature enthusiasts! Are you curious about the ins and outs of refunds? Do you have burning questions about technical troubleshooting or best practices? Well, get ready, because our first "Ask Me Anything" (AMA) event on Accounting topics is coming up, and the focus is on
refunds.

From April 10-12, 2023, you'll have the opportunity to submit your questions about refunds through our ServiceTitan Community Forums. We understand that refunds can be a complex and confusing topic, which is why we've enlisted the help of our Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to answer as many questions as they can.

So, what can you expect from this AMA? Our SMEs will be on hand to provide insightful and informative answers to your most pressing questions. Whether you're curious about the technical aspects of refunds or looking for tips on how to handle refunds effectively, our experts will have you covered.

Here are some questions we hope to answer for you!

• I processed a refund, and now there is a credit. How do I remove the credit?
  • I set up my automatic refund, but it is not generating an invoice. What do I do?
  • How do you set up the workflow for a back-down/buyback/financing?
  • I’m having trouble exporting refunds to my Quickbooks. What is causing this?
  • We processed a refund with the automatic refunds workflow but the balance is still $0 on the original invoice, why?

No matter what your question is, our SMEs will do their best to provide you with accurate and helpful answers. They have years of experience in the Accounting field, and they're passionate about sharing their knowledge with others.

So, mark your calendars and get ready for our first AMA on refunds. This is a great opportunity to learn from the experts and get the answers you need to succeed in the world of accounting. We can't wait to see what questions you have in store for us!

4 Comments
mmontgom
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

@Emmerling-lv ! Not sure if this would be something you would be interested in, but wanted to share just in case! 

rgoit67
New Contributor III

Hello, I'm trying to clean up my A/R reports and needing help zeroing out accounts that have  small over payment left over on the account ? I would be so grateful for help with this 🙂  

DianaK
Contributor

@rgoit67  The easiest way to do this is to use a Bad Debt Payment Type. Please see these instructions.

If you do not use QuickBooks Desktop, you can disregard the QuickBooks part of the instructions.

Cordelia
New Contributor

Hi @rgoit67 thank you for your question, and I hope that @DianaK was able to help you. Note that the actual Ask Me Anything event will be on another ServiceTitan Community discussion board that will open up on Monday, April 10th. Check back in the Community on Monday if you have additional questions! Have a wonderful day.