Payment Alerts

Why is there an Alert for "Payment Applied" for credit cards, but Not one for "Payment FAILED"???!!!It would be a HUGE help to be able to have an email Alert setup for when payments Failed. Even better is if had it also text an Alert to the tech to l...

LA_Barker by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Applying Payments

Hello Just Curious if there is a way to enable a quick button to the Customer pop Up Screen to apply a payment Not a " Add Payment Method" Just a " Apply Payment " This would make our work flow alot easier if this is a current option that i am Just M...

Patches by New Contributor II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Default amounts when selecting payment type

So I have a minor issue. When our technicians are finishing with a client they'll ask how they'd like to pay. If a client says e-transfer the tech will select the e-transfer payment type and it seems to defaults to putting in the full amount owing. T...

jamehaze by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Refunding overpayments in new Payment Collection System

I’ve spent a lot of time working in a test environment with the new Payment Collections system. One pitfall I fell into is a killer, but thanks to @plewis from Service Titan, (a very smart person on this process), I found a way out. Specifically, on ...

michael21 by Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos