Business Units

Cawigirl
New Contributor III

Hello,

Wondering what people do when an invoice is exported with the wrong Business Unit on it?  ST has offered a very time consuming work around for this issue.  For a software that prides itself for reporting, I find this issue creates inaccurate reporting and counter productive for accurate numbers.  I feel a business owner should be able to go into the edit button and change an exported invoices BU just like we do in Quickbooks.  easy....   I don't mind having to change in two places and don't need ST to Sync an exported invoice with QB.  I use QB for accurate reporting but as we all know, we are trying to show our techs their dashboards and they need to be correct.  It is easy and very human to make the mistake of adding the wrong business unit.  The current work around is unacceptable and I would love to see myself, as an owner, be able to make these corrections (though rare) then have to call ST to do it (I refuse to do the work around).  Imagine the time it would save ST Support and businesses? If every company had 1 BU to change... how much time is spent doing it?  #foodforthought #savetime #youcandothisinothersoftware #iamanowner #ineedtheoption!!!  Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Cawigirl
New Contributor III

i have the permission but it never works.  i don't care if the sync works or not, but i can't change the BU either.  i have a call today with csm.  hopefully will get this taken care of.  thank you for replying, it helps to know i am not crazy, lol.  🙂  i have all permissions so something on the back end must need to be changed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rha7784
New Contributor

Have you reached out to your CSM on this or looked at your permissions?  I can change the BU on an exported invoice the same way as a non-exported one.  The difference is the exported invoice just makes me choose whether I want to sync or bypass the change with our accounting software.

rha7784_0-1683208523222.png

If you haven't already, I'd check your own permissions to see if you have "Allow edit and update of previously exported transactions" selected.

rha7784_1-1683208879295.png

Cawigirl
New Contributor III

i have and it worked one time, maybe thru an update it changed.  i will reach out again to see if they can help.  my "sync" never works.  thanks for the info.

Cawigirl
New Contributor III

i have the permission but it never works.  i don't care if the sync works or not, but i can't change the BU either.  i have a call today with csm.  hopefully will get this taken care of.  thank you for replying, it helps to know i am not crazy, lol.  🙂  i have all permissions so something on the back end must need to be changed.