Statement

KDahmen
New Contributor II

The ST statement format does not work for us as a 100% commercial contractor.  We have many clients who have multiple locations with payments being made out of the corporate office.  These clients want a statement that lists all locations on one statement but has the invoices for each location grouped together.  ST does not accommodate this however QB does.  So based on conversations with ST, we decided to just send statements out of QB.  Well, now that we have been with ST for some time the statement in QB is a mess (because of how ST posts).  All I want is Invoice / Original $ / Remaining $ and a total at the bottom with aging.  How are other companies accomplishing this?

6 REPLIES 6

KDahmen
New Contributor II

Not Resolved.....

I am not interested in a work around that involves creating special reports for 300+ customers to provide them with what they  need.  We are a service provider that needs to provide the same level of professional service that we have provided for over 15 years.  This software was supposed to make things easier and allow us to automate things like statements and invoices.  So far (over the past almost 2 months) things are actually harder on the office side.

I find it hard to believe that I am the only one who has brought this up and the promises made during the "sales pitch" are not really panning out for us right now.

I feel that the development team needs to add some programming that allows for customizable reports and forms.  Users should be able to select columns and sort options for statements, invoices, quotes, etc...  As Commercial Contractors, we don't all use a "one size fits all" approach to our customer service and information presentation.

Chayo80
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I am sorry that you experience with ST hasn't been what you expected or were promised. We onboarded in March and there were definitely some adjustments that had to be made to our workflows but our overall experience has been great. I would recommend you put it on the ideas section about being able to customize statements and reach out to your ST sales person and CSM regarding the issues you are having with the product and promises. 

Chayo80

You can email statements per Location, we have a lot of property management and builders and that's what we do, we check A/R and email statements per location. We also enabled the Customer Portal specially for those large customers and they can access each locations and see outstanding balances 

Chayo80_0-1684348572742.png

KDahmen
New Contributor II

Do you have each location created as a separate customer in Service Titan?  Our Service Titan does not allow individual locations to be printed/viewed separately.  Customer's Corporate Office pays for all locations, most of the time on one check, so it is not feasible for us to do that.  It would take hours to post customer payments because we would have to look up each invoice being paid, note the location and enter multiple payment entries for each check received rather than make one entry for each check received.   We have only been with ST since the first of April and our confidence level is not high enough to use the on line portal yet.  And, as I understand it, each customer would have to have separate login information for each location because they would be individual customers in our system.  I don't see that being favorable to them.

Are there any other options out there that work?

Chayo80

Ok the work around, instead of sending a "Statement" from the customer file. I went to the report and created a report that contains the year to date invoices with open balances, per customer by location. You can edit the report by customer/schedule it and email to you on regular basis, then duplicate the report filter by another customer save and schedule it. 

Chayo80_1-1684505985336.png

Hope this help and could be a better option

Chayo80

No, one billing/Customer with 10-200+ locations, I can go onto each location and email them the statement per location, you can pay multiple invoices with one check because they all belong to the same billing/customer, you can do it from the Accounting --> Collect payments and apply it to all the necessary invoices.

No, for the online portal the customer can see all their locations from the same portal. No need for individual. 

Unfortunately, as far as I know there is no option to customize the statement to group invoices by location.