Customer's thinking we are a scam

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

Good morning everyone!

As the main CSR in our HVAC company, I make a lot of outgoing calls. When I call customers to remind them to book in their maintenance or to book them in for a recall the trouble I have been finding is many people are super hesitant. They hang up as soon as they hear the company name and before I can explain why I am calling; they simply don't answer at all when they don't recognize the phone number; they ask how we have their phone number; etc. I don't blame customers for being so hesitant as there are SO many telemarketers and scam calls nowadays. However, does anyone have any suggestions or a workaround for this problem? I'd be happy to hear how you deal with this problem! Thanks. 🙂

Khiana Klatt
CSR ServicePlus Heating and Cooling
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Sheena_Palacios
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hey @KhianaKlatt -- are you selecting an outbound phone number that reflects your company or at the very least the area code for your location? Customers are more likely to answer a call if your company name shows up on caller id or at the very least it's in the same area code as where they are.

Sheena @ NiFT

View solution in original post

Sheena_Palacios

Great, let me know how that goes. Also, make sure your company is registered for texting, this will ensure that any outbound notifications get sent to customers and not spammed. If you're using PhonesPro, you can pick any outbound number that is a company line. 🙂

Sheena @ NiFT

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Sheena_Palacios

Great, let me know how that goes. Also, make sure your company is registered for texting, this will ensure that any outbound notifications get sent to customers and not spammed. If you're using PhonesPro, you can pick any outbound number that is a company line. 🙂

Sheena @ NiFT

We are using Phones Pro! Thanks for the tips. 🙂 In Canada we don't have to apply/register for texting.

Khiana Klatt

Sheena_Palacios

Anytime! and how lucky 😆

Sheena @ NiFT

Sheena_Palacios

Hey @KhianaKlatt -- are you selecting an outbound phone number that reflects your company or at the very least the area code for your location? Customers are more likely to answer a call if your company name shows up on caller id or at the very least it's in the same area code as where they are.

Sheena @ NiFT

Hi there @Sheena_Palacios we do use a phone number that has the same area code as our customers. However, our company name doesn't appear in the Caller ID I noticed. I may suggest this to our owners and see if we could have it appear. Thanks. 

Khiana Klatt