Permits Questions/Thoughts

agaudreau_2190
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Happy Friday Ladies! 🌷

I have created a PDF for a mechanical permit with smart fields and it is great and efficient but would be better, 

1 - The ability to attached to projects. Sometimes installs have gas, plumbing, mechanical for different phases of a job. (Commerical specifically).

2 - To edit & save on the office side without have to redownload and save. 

3 - To assign the permits by zip codes or zones.

4- Attach the form to job type  ( i.e.; retro-fit would pull the replacement permit, plumbing - gas/plumbing permit)

Thoughts on this? What processes work best for you?

TIA,

Ami Gaudreau

Ami Gaudreau
7 REPLIES 7

SallyC
New Contributor III

I love that you are creating and perfecting a process for this! Nice work!

agaudreau_2190

Thank you! Right now I have a PO type to track them in the inventory screen & by project labels. That way I can run cost vs budget at the end of the month. 😊 I think there is a lot of potential for commercial within projects though! 🤞

Ami Gaudreau

I love that you are creating a PO for it... I think we are headed that direction as well. Right now we utilize custom fields at the job record level to track permitting status. This however is still very manual, and leaves plenty to be desired. Have you uploaded your local county and city permit applications into service titan and made them fillable? OMG wouldn't it be amazing if every building permit form for every city and county was in ST and you could just turn on the ones you needed in your account?!?! And then you could send them from ST attached to the PO you created?!?

agaudreau_2190

Yes. Come counties have portals, so it doesn't apply, so customer fields is a great idea for those! I took the fillable forms & made customer fields for name, location address. To populate the invoice total, it would have to be done before any deposits or it won't be accurate. If I can't email it direct from ST, then I email it to myself with minimal editing required! 

If the forms could be populate by zones, business unit & job type (installation)  would be amazing. I suggested the vendor because I could see how the forms would get a little crazy & they would be consolidated on that remittance vendor. 

Ami Gaudreau

asnow
Valued Contributor II

This looks like a great process. What hiccups are you seeing with it, or what would you like to add to it to enhance it? 

agaudreau_2190

I would like the ability to attach it to my projects and edit it the document from the Office side, without having to save it to my computer. I live and breath off of my projects dashboard for installs, costing, etc.  Maybe even as a form on the permit POs itself, because it is going to result in a bill or escrow charge once it is processed through a city, or county. All the documents for the transaction will be in one spot for accounting too. There isn't a spot on permit application to put purchase order numbers on so this would solve an issue too.

Ami Gaudreau

agaudreau_2190

* for the PO, it could populate the permit form by 'permits' label & then by vendor. "Town of ..." . . 

Ami Gaudreau