Couldn't we eliminate a lot of issues if we moved to 24 hour time (aka military time) rather then 12 hour clocks that required setting AM or PM instead of 1500 versus 3 pm which MIGHT get booked as 3 am instead?

mayumish
New Contributor II

7 REPLIES 7

dawnfath
New Contributor II

As a Veteran, my brain still works on the 24-hour clock. I have trained my dispatcher, we have trained most of our techs (2 new techs added are next on our training list) and even our owners now get it. It definitely would take away the guess work of the am/pm issue. The continued issue is that while our techs are trained on 24-hour time when in discussion, we have introduced a program that has in that regard taken them back a step. With many other non-military industries that require dispatch/scheduling using the 24-hour clock (like trucking), why would ST be on an opposite side of the field?

mayumish
New Contributor II

@Tim Mozley?

No apologies necessary, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't misinterpreting things! It's so hard to read things correctly online sometimes.

We've been working with ServiceTitan for 2 years now, and the fact that the date/time thing is STILL an issue (especially when rescheduling appointments or even working on your timecard) is a little confusing. They've implemented and rolled out so many useful features, and watching the program evolve has been wonderful - but a lot of those are 'big changes' and 'key fixes', etc.

This clock thing should be a tiny one...?

Previous ContributorPrevious Contributor
Former Community Member
Definitely sarcastic because it is frustrating the same mistakes keep getting made in-house. Looks like you are having the same challenges. The software should help reduce these errors and transitioning to a 24 hour clock would help. I just discovered you can activate a warning if a job is booked outside normal business hours. This is also a step in the right direction. I apologize if I wasn t clear where my sarcasm was directed. It was directed inward.

mayumish
New Contributor II

@Tim Mozley? I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not. 

I was simply asking because my CSRs have trouble scheduling for the right timeframe or even the right day when going to change AM/PM means changing DATES, too (i..e, rolling UP arrow over moves it ahead a day AND AM/PM, whereas rolling DOWN arrow moves it backward). I have the pop-up enabled for when they book outside of normal business hours, but its still really weird to encounter them scheduling jobs for odd timeframes, not to mention the frustrating confirmation messages it sends to customers.

Former Community Member

Yes. I can teach my CSRs to add 12 (or provide them a table). I can't teach them to understand the difference between AM and PM.

mayumish
New Contributor II

I agree, it would be a super useful feature to implement as something each individual business can set up/choose.

Former Community Member

That would only work if those scheduling the calls knew the military/24hr format, many do not know it or understand it. It would be nice if each business had the option of which format they would prefer.