California Compliance Invoice

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Is anyone else using the California Compliance Invoice? How are you getting around that it says HOME IMPROVEMENT CONTRACT on the top of your commercial estimates/invoices?

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions
5 REPLIES 5

LBabayan
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

@JessicaSmith,  I can absolutely see how this would be immensely helpful! Thanks for sharing the upvote link 😊

JessicaSmith

Here's my idea if anyone wants to vote on it: https://ideas.community.servicetitan.com/ideas/COMMUNITY-I-3259

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

LBabayan

Hi @JessicaSmith

In case "Enable California Compliant Contract" config is on,  that's causing the home improvement contract line, and it's hard coded to that config. Just FYI, the CA config isn't technically mandatory, it's just so you have the 3-day right to cancel the signature area. I guess you can turn it off and just create a form for the 3-day right to cancel with a signature. Hope this helps! 

JessicaSmith

We had it off, but we really want it on for our residential installation jobs. It would be great if you could select by business unit whether it was on or off, or modify it more by business unit. I'm going to go post an idea. Thanks!

Hi Jessica,

I know this is long after you have posted this original comment.  However, if you ended up using the wording in the California Compliant Contract in any way, could you please tell me how you go about complying with these exact requirements with the options we are given in Service Titan for Invoicing/Progress Payments, etc? We are a California contractor, and we having issues finding the sweet spot for hot to easily set up our jobs to be compliant with this wording when needed and still have the ability to have the normal invoices for regular jobs that don't need any type of "progress" payments, if you will.  We are in the process of setting everything up, and it's been a long road.  It doesn't seem like all the options we need as a California contractor are there.

While we are on the subject of using Service Titan as a California contractor,  I would be interested in discussing more with you about other CSLB requirements and how you work with those.

I would also be interested in discussing how to use Service Titan in the most ideal way, in general.  Specifically, when it comes to converting estimates into jobs, we are finding that Service Titan doesn't have all the options available to us in a "click and go" format.  So we are having to settle for what they have.  This would be part of a longer conversation, and I would be happy to get in touch with you personally if you have the time.  Thanks! -Elisa