Customer facing estimates/invoices

SamB
New Contributor

Chimney company needing some help. Hopefully someone has figured out a feature/setting/work around for what my company is needing. Currently the way we have our pricebook setup is our services are viewed as repairs or installs. Under the service we have "linked materials" associated with the service and the cost for them. When we make and estimate and add a service or "task" in mobile the linked materials by default is set up with the "charge to customer" off. Is there a way to turn this by default to on?

Second, when we change the charge for material to on when we go to present the estimate the materials show up on the customer facing view. I know we can hide the line item pricing so it doesn't show the prices but we would also like to hide the list of materials section. Furthermore if there was a way to automatically adjust the service or task price when the material quantity or when materials were added that would be ideal. 

Pictures- one shows pricing of materials and what material is, the other doesn't show pricing but still shows what the material is. We don't want either, just want the material to be linked to the service while at the same time charging for materials and auto updating the service/task price to reflect the quantity of materials.Print viewPrint view

Present viewPresent view

4 REPLIES 4

michael21
Contributor III

Hi @SamB We aren't chimney, but we used linked equipment and materials on almost everything, but our pricing philosophy is different.  We "SELL" the task, (service item) and get "COST" from the linked equipment and materials.  In our situation, cost is dynamic but sales price is not, but then, we don't want it to be.  If you investigate the dynamic pricing option, I think you will find that it does exactly what you are trying to do.  So, set a task for 1 whatever of flex liner, with a linked material of 1 flex liner.  If you need 10 on a job, sell 10 of the service item, which will then add 10 to materials and set price and cost based on the 10.  If you then use dynamic pricing, the price can automatically be recalculated from the newly developed costs.  Hope this works for you.

Mike M CPA & Operations in KC, (go Chiefs)

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Also I believe in ST-61 you'll be able to add materials to item groups and have the pricing rolled into the item group total instead of broken out.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

Yea I did see this and was able to get the beta to try and thought this was going to fix it! Issue I found was this doesn't work with "linked materials". So a tech would have to add an item/task then add sub item material and search for every material you want in that group. Would work fairly quickly on some but for larger jobs that have many materials would take a while to search and a higher likelihood for my techs to forget to add a material and cost associated.

SteveCossette
Contributor II

I'll go point-by-point:

1) You should be able to either change this in batch either using the Bulk Edit function in the pricebook section of ST (Maybe not -- can't verify, that's not a setting on our side) or by downloading your pricebook in Excel format and mass-changing in there.

2) There is a configuration to hide materials from customer views. I believe your CSM has to turn that on. As far as service costing goes, if you use the Price Setup Wizard, it should automatically calculate your item prices and that won't change with that configuration.