Delete Option for Templates

RoslynSonmore
New Contributor II

Wanted to see if anyone else would find it beneficial to have a 'Delete' option for templates they no longer use. For my team, we have duplicates and ones that have been deactivated for so long that it becomes a bit annoying to look at them, without the option to remove them and clean up the window. 

I can see the benefit to 'Deactivation' assuming at some point you may 'reactivate' it for use later. However, I want to be empowered to make the best decision for our company; not having an option at the administrative level to clean things up is frustrating. Thoughts?

6 REPLIES 6

RoslynSonmore
New Contributor II

Sheena, I understand how to filter the deactivated. But some of the deactivated ones are like dead dead. Like we will never want to use them again, verses some of deactivated might just be achieved for future use. Without a delete option, we are not able to just remove them from the list. 

Sheena_Palacios
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Gotcha, sounds like something for the ideas page! 💡

Sheena @ NiFT

MadisonChicken
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I would agree with you I do not like how archived everything has to be. I wish there was a permanent way to delete some things. 

Madison Robertson
Chicken Lady Speaks

Sheena_Palacios

Hi @RoslynSonmore -- what template are you referring to specifically? Typically when you deactivate something it'll be in a separate tab or you will have the option to filter on only "active" templates. Curious to know what specific area you're referring to in ST. 🙂

Sheena @ NiFT

Hi Sheena, I am referencing under the Pricebook 'Templates', both Estimate and Proposals templates

Sheena_Palacios

Oh, I see what you mean @RoslynSonmore, on the "estimate templates" tab you can filter on "active," and on the "proposal templates" tab you can filter the status to "live" and this will give you the clean window you're looking for without seeing the inactive templates. Here are a couple snippets for visual!

prop .pngest.png

Sheena @ NiFT