Duplicating Estimates

tlee5200
New Contributor II

Is there a way to duplicate an estimate, then change the service address? This would sure be a timesaver when doing the same work on multiple locations for a client.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NWellman848
New Contributor

I have found that I can duplicate the estimate, and flip it into a scheduled job (don't send job notification until...)

THEN - Go to the newly created job page , and change the job location address from that page. We do this for a lot of multi-family jobs where we do multiple units under one invoice.

We use the office location to create the the estimate, sell/convert and flip it, then change the address from the job page itself 🙂 

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

NWellman848
New Contributor

I have found that I can duplicate the estimate, and flip it into a scheduled job (don't send job notification until...)

THEN - Go to the newly created job page , and change the job location address from that page. We do this for a lot of multi-family jobs where we do multiple units under one invoice.

We use the office location to create the the estimate, sell/convert and flip it, then change the address from the job page itself 🙂 

Hope this helps! 

tlee5200
New Contributor II

thanks for your reply -- I understand now that it cannot be done. I would like to recommend this feature be added to a new release. 

I have been following this for the same reason. Seems to be a simple ask.  To copy an estimate to another customer . Most systems offer this as a basic option. 

baraica
Former Titan

Hi @tlee5200 - you will need to create a new estimate under the correct customer location. 

Engagement Manager
ServiceTitan Community Team

tlee5200
New Contributor II

Oh how I really appreciate the responses and help! However, no one is addressing the real concern. The question is how to change the customer and location on the duplicate estimate. Once the estimate is duplicated, the "edit" pencil icon does not allow this information to be edited (as suggested above). 

kallen408
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

On the estimate screen to the right, near the top should be what looks like two sheets of paper.  If you hover over it it will say "duplicate estimate". Then it will ask "Duplicate estimate?".

They duplicate estimate can be changed using the pencil icons.  

I hope this helps.

tlee5200
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply, but I'm wanting to copy the estimate to a different customer and location. Your link does not show the option to edit the location and/or customer once the estimate is copied.

Sheena_Palacios
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hi @tlee5200 -- here's how you can copy an estimate from one job to another

Job>History>Previous estimates>once you select the estimate and confirm>Add as estimate>then the estimate will be copied over to the current job.

Sheena @ NiFT