Estimate

brooklyngatlin
New Contributor

I am needing to figure out how my tech's can create an estimate (On Mobile) for a customer after the job has been completed. Can anybody Help? 

4 REPLIES 4

AdamCronenberg
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

If they have left any estimate at all on the closed job, they can access Mobile followups and edit/create new estimates.  The key here is though they have to have left an estimate in the first place.  We have a process where if they know they need to followup to get additional information to properly quote, they leave an estimate with a Quote Coming Placeholder on the estimate and then when they are able to get the information, they can go into the followup tab and edit that estimate or add new estimates to the opportunity.  This work flow requires no extra work from the office (outside of maybe providing guidance on what the estimate should be) but no extra jobs, extra appointments etc.  Additionally, I dont let my technicians see the past history on the history tab, but if your company does, I would test and see if they can access that customer from the history tab and create an estimate going that route.  I am not sure on the history tab but I know the process first mentioned in Mobile Followups works great.  Hope that helps.

Element Mist

MirandaMel

We typically add an appointment for paperwork then the tech can dispatch to it.  Just be sure to turn notifications off.  Or we create a new job that defaults to not have notifications when booking, but still need to turn off notifications in the job screen.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

Miranda

We also create a separate job and make sure to turn off the notifications. Is there a benefit to doing an additional appt instead of a whole new job?

Thanks

Jim

MirandaMel

@Jim_Owens it really depends on what the original appointment was for.  If it was a job that is from yesterday or today, it might be easier for the tech to have all their original info there instead of digging through history.  It also keeps the information together as one project so if the invoice sells they are connected.  You can also make the new job part of the project.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning