Advice for new users.

Dave
Contributor

I have come into a situation where the person most familiar with ServiceTitan is the person I've replaced.  I've done multiple courses and read tons of articles and posts provided.  I've reached out to my success person for some guidance with no response so far.  

Any others have similar situations and how did you overcome them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Also, you can still use the sandbox to test and learn things- next.servicetitan.com and your log in credentials will be the same as the live site.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

ToniF

I did the Certified Admin Program and learnt SO MUCH!  I have a book of notes that I still look back into when something comes up.  Kinda wish that the Certified Admin Program had a version for CDN Companies because there was things like financing that we do not have here but I was still able to read about it and find the correct answers to the questions.  I join any and all groups I can find, I have a couple on Facebook I have joined too.  I learnt real quick that you don't have access to everything in ST unless you ask for it. Even just following groups I learnt I could ask for POS and your CSM can turn that on for you but you have to ask. 

We have had ST since 2019 and I am still learning, just have to have ALOT of patience and alot of time! 

We have HVAC, Plumbing & Electrical - 25 people in the field, 2 comfort consultants, 2 dispatchers, an installation coordinator, a membership coordinator, a CSR, our GM, the owner and me.  EVERYONE answers phones when needed but I spend most of my time helping everyone and learning the ins and outs and dealing with ST, any issues techs have in the field or in the office, updating personal files in ST.....  I am the go to person and if I don't know then I figure it out.  I have been at Border Plumbing, Heating & Electrical for almost 15 years starting out with having 5 people in the field and being the CSR, dispatcher, A\R, A\P, hiring, firing, credit checks, payroll, cleaning the bathroom and emptying garbage. 

Things have changed ALOT since then!   I learnt to ASK alot of questions, find support from where ever you can and use that little help button in the top right corner!  

ChelseaAce
New Contributor III

I'm still new, but I have found that you really need to have a point of contact that can dive in and start playing with what the system can do.  I was in a similar situation - our ST point of contact at our company split, and I stepped up being the most tech savvy.  

Some tips:

Get the Calendly link for your point of contact at Service Titan and reserve once a week meetings.  I still do them now even four months in.  Because I know a meeting is coming each week, I go to everyone in the company and ask "What could be improved in the system?"  If it's something I can solve, I will help and if it's something I can't, I write it on a note and bring it up at my weekly Zoom meeting.  There isn't always an immediate solution, but working with your point of contact, sometimes you can discover workarounds.

Pick a day and start clicking every option.  I had a slow day over the holidays and I went through every setting option, every section of every Business Unit.  This was a push to understand what features are available that we aren't using yet.

Ask questions and share discoveries!  I find that the community is a beautiful place and I have found many answers here.

The most important thing to remember is that Service Titan is a dynamic software system.  Some features allow you to create your own way of doing things.  Share ideas!  They really do get implemented sometimes!  

Hope this helps!  Welcome, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Chelsea Robinson
Ace Plumbing and Rooter
Project Coordinator

"If onlys and justs were candies and nuts, then every day would be Erntedankfest." - Dwight K Schrute

AdamCronenberg

Would also advise to be active in the community as there are a lot of great people here that are very willing to help.  Also, depending on the where your company is at with Service Titan, you could look into joining an Ember or Sparks Group which is sponsored by Service Titan and will give you other great resources.  You should be able to ask your CSM more about those 2 programs and get connected.

Element Mist

I've noticed the community has many active people!  My company has had Service Titan since Jan of this year.  I started in April, missing the rollout and sandbox time.  I've reached out to my CSM a couple times and have yet to receive a response.  Is that normal? 

I will admit to being "less than tech savvy" as I have transitioned from a career in sport, but I see that as a positive as I have no bad habits.  Just need a coach!  lol 

JessicaSmith

Definitely a positive that you have no bad habits! Try reaching out to csmteam@servicetitan.com if you can't get your individual CSM! 

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

JessicaSmith

Also, you can still use the sandbox to test and learn things- next.servicetitan.com and your log in credentials will be the same as the live site.

That's exactly what I was hoping to hear!

Thank you!!

JessicaSmith

The data in the sandbox resets every Friday with your most recent updated live data, so if you are playing with settings, expect them to reset every week. I've seen many people make pricebook updates there they expect to bring to live and get surprised when it resets on them.

Appreciate the heads up!!

Thank you!