Purchase Order

BrittMcPump
New Contributor

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me find information on how to track and manage purchase orders from ServiceTitan. I am not sure if it is possible to do so, but if it is, I would love to learn how to do it. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RandiThompson
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

As far as the tracking goes, when you create a purchase order on a job a "purchase order pending" tag is automatically applied, if the required by date is in the past a "purchase order delayed" tag replaces the pending tag and once you receive the purchase order the tag will be updated to "purchase order received" or partially received if you didn't get everything. You can report on those tags and filter your "hold" jobs by the tag. We don't actually send the PO through ST we order a lot of items on line through our vendors so that work flow I'm a little rusty on but I know there is a way to reconcile and pay your vendors through ST. We reconcile then export to QB and cut checks from QB. 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

BrittMcPump
New Contributor

Thank you everyone for your help, I am trying to find a better way of tracking purchase orders and linking them to estimates. I was able to look over the links Randi sent and it was very helpful with the process. I do have a few question, How would the tracking of the purchase order be generated? Will this give me a step-by-step on when it has been shipped and its current route and would i have to go into the tracking to mark it as delivered or does it generated all that by itself? Once that process has been mark as delivered would the billing be sent directly to the vendor? We are just very new to all of this and any information will be very helpful. Thank you

RandiThompson

As far as the tracking goes, when you create a purchase order on a job a "purchase order pending" tag is automatically applied, if the required by date is in the past a "purchase order delayed" tag replaces the pending tag and once you receive the purchase order the tag will be updated to "purchase order received" or partially received if you didn't get everything. You can report on those tags and filter your "hold" jobs by the tag. We don't actually send the PO through ST we order a lot of items on line through our vendors so that work flow I'm a little rusty on but I know there is a way to reconcile and pay your vendors through ST. We reconcile then export to QB and cut checks from QB. 

Randi Thompson

douglaspeperosa
New Contributor II

There is a report for this ("Purchase Orders" report). Go to Reports -> Legacy Reports -> Search: "Purchase Orders".

RandiThompson

Purchasing and Inventory requires somethings to be turned on in your account, you'll need to contact your CSM but here's a link to the basics in the knowledge base. 

https://help.servicetitan.com/how-to/purchasing-and-inventory-config 

https://help.servicetitan.com/landing-page/procure-home 

Randi Thompson

spetrie
Contributor II

I might be able to assist you with this, we use the PO's every day in Service Titan.

What do you want to learn about them?

@spetrie my company just started using ST last month It has been a tough transition mainly because our previous system is a dinosaur. We are still trying to figure out ways to do things in ST that lines up with the old systems. Thats where we're running into problems because PO's in ST have to be linked to a job to appear on any reports. Non charge jobs won't work because we need to apply payment for our clients. I'm not sure how to help my team and anything you provide would be greatly   Thanks