REBATES

debra_pa
New Contributor

Question: We have a few rebates that are given to customers up front. Once we submit for the rebate, it is credited to us as a credit memo that can be used towards the open balance with the vendor. Has anyone figured out a workflow on the billing of the rebate and receipt of the credit? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rstare
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

You'll probably want to use a line item for the rebate up front that reduces the amount due from customer that hits a clearing account, then when you want to use the 'credit' have a line item for such that deducts from the clearing account and reduces AP.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

cooperlu
New Contributor II

What about if the rebate is going back to the customer directly, (such as utility rebates?) Has anyone figured out how to show the total net cost to the customers?

agaudreau_2190

I am trying to figure this out too. Did you get anywhere?

Ami Gaudreau

Unfortunately no, My success manager had me post this on the ST ideas board. I am still trying to get votes to get it on the developers radar. Please go to this link and vote to help us get this fixed. Please share the link with any other service titan users you know to vote so we can try and get this pushed up the list. Thanks!

https://ideas.community.servicetitan.com/ideas/COMMUNITY-I-2886

agaudreau_2190

Voted!

Ami Gaudreau

rstare

You'll probably want to use a line item for the rebate up front that reduces the amount due from customer that hits a clearing account, then when you want to use the 'credit' have a line item for such that deducts from the clearing account and reduces AP.