Dividing what is in warehouse inventory and what needs to be ordered

peppy2022phil
New Contributor

What is the process of creating an order and and figuring out what I need to order from an outside part department and what I have in my shop warehouse for the PO?  Is there a way that shows what I have in my warehouse on the PO once printed out and a list of what I need to order that I don't have on hand. 

4 REPLIES 4

RandiThompson
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

When you sell the job do you add the items to the invoice and select the inventory location? If so, if you don't have sufficient quantities on hand it will have a yellow or red bar at the top of the job screen, click that bar and you will be able to see what is needed. 

image.png

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

AdamCronenberg

Requisition is what you want to look at.  It will allow you to see what items are needed for that job/project, and then either select them from existing stock you have on hand in warehouses/trucks or order the materials from a vendor, or a combination of the two if you have some items on stock, but need to order a few others to complete the job.  There is a lot of documentation in the knowledge base on requisition and I think a training video recently on the Tuesday Trainings that I encourage you to check out.

Element Mist

RandiThompson

Try clicking on Inventory>Items, from here you can see what you have available, on hold, on order and on hand. 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

I can see that, but what I mean is what is the process of finding what I need to order once a job is sold without looking at my entire PO.

These are my steps so far

1. sell job and create PO

2. I'm lost after this

I have some material in the warehouse in shop stock, but not all so I would have to order from the parts distributor. Does service titan give you a list of what not in my inventory separately?