Hide Prev. Technicians Name

Ashley101
New Contributor II

Hey guys!  Sometimes I deal with petty technicians who love to make the life of a dispatcher a little difficult.  As much as we would all like guys just to go out and service the client without questions/pushback, well we don't live in that perfect world.  I would like to see if there is a way to hide the previous technician who was out, I don't mind having the technician see previous job history or previously built estimates, that is amo for the next technician to build rapport with the client.  Sometimes you don't want to reschedule a client just because of a sudden call out and the next technician should just go when asked but we all have those one or two that love to push back.  As well as some clients have requested a technician not to return to their home/ business.  Keeping certain information private is best for the team.  Or a technician who asks not to go back to a client's home because even though there was no formal complaint, the right tech call sometimes calls for us to send someone who just didn't click and could potentially have issues in the future.  Always try to avoid those 1-3-star reviews.  Any way to hide the previous technician's name/identity?   Any suggestion?  

5 REPLIES 5

MirandaMel
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Hmmm...I am not aware of a setting for this, only for being able to show or hide just a tech in the history.  You would have to disable their permission to view history but then they wouldn't be able to access it at all.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

I want the history, wish there was a way to maybe have the technician name switch to an employee number for field staff.  For ex.  we had a recurring maint scheduled.  The technician called out, and had another tech available.  Dropped it down, prev technician didnt provide filter sizes so the new technician refused the call.  It was based off ego, which we have a policy and procedure that applied for this cause but doesnt stop the bad taste in one technician towards another technician.  (boys will be boys LOL) 

MirandaMel

I can definitely understand that!  What if you just gave them employee numbers in ST instead of their names?  I mean they still could be detectives and track down who's who, but it would be that added layer.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE

MirandaMel

Are you wanting to hide it from the customer on the printed invoice or from techs?

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE

From the technicians.