Marketing Pro/Audience Builder: Want to target repeat customers without Memberships

vhogp
New Contributor

The audience builder needs more options like the reports section.

I want to be able to target certain customer segments like repeat customers.  However, I can't see repeat customers or customers who have a total/overall high value based on the options available today.  We do not sell memberships at the moment and so that section is useless for me to use to target these repeat customers and I have no other options available.

Could we get more options to target specifically for overall value or number of invoices, etc.?

4 REPLIES 4

PamDuffy-PCG
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Lifetime value, total completed jobs, job where "is first time customer" = true/false, etc. would be great filters for the Audience Builder. For now, I would go with something like Aaron's second suggestion, which is the simplest: build an audience of customers created from X > Y date, with jobs completed with > $X in sales, etc.  It may not get you EXACTLY what you want - but unless the campaign is a highly targeted repeat offer, I say just go for it! 

Another thing I thought of: maybe you could exclude customers based on marketing campaigns? This one's a little convoluted, but could be fun to set up: 

• Campaign 1 = When job complete > send a thank you email. (First time customers and/or first TY email)
  • Campaign 2 = when job complete > send thank you email but EXCLUDE anyone that was sent Campaign 1.  (repeat customers) 
  • Campaign 3 = repeat customers campaign - include anyone who received Campaign 2. 

Finally - the new v2 API may offer solutions for you. There is a new reporting endpoint so that you can access data from Reports, then you could push a tag to a customer record to mark them as a repeat customer. Then in MarketingPro, you would include customers with that tag. 

---
Pam Duffy, Powerhouse Consulting Group
ServiceTitan Certified Coach + ServiceTitan Certified Marketer + Zapier Certified Expert

jpovey
New Contributor III

Hey Pam, would love to learn more about that API that can push tags to ST.  I know this post is old, but do you recomend any good resources to learn more about that capability?

PamDuffy-PCG

Hi @jpovey - check out https://developer.servicetitan.io/ - if you need more assistance reach out to our team: Powerhouse Consulting Group.

---
Pam Duffy, Powerhouse Consulting Group
ServiceTitan Certified Coach + ServiceTitan Certified Marketer + Zapier Certified Expert

aaronwatters

Great question, I could see job count being something worth targeting in the future.

In the meantime, a couple of options to isolate those customers:

1. If they are a "repeat customer" with a recurring service, you can use the newer feature to target recurring jobs here (Screenshot: https://cloud.leadhub.net/QwunKq4Q)

2. You could create an Audience/Campaign for completed jobs with > $x in sales and target those customers. I realize that doesn't multiple minor repairs and may include one large install job but this would target your VIP customers by revenue.

3. A data entry-heavy solution would be to export that report of customers with multiple invoices and add a tag for "loyal customer" and isolate the audience that way. Any existing customers with new jobs could have a, "loyal customer" tag moving forward.

None of these options is a silver bullet, but options [I can't find the shrug emoji so assume that goes here].

Aaron Watters, Leadhub