UNPAID MEMBERSHIP INVOICE SHOWING PAST DUE IN QUICKBOOKS DESPITE CANCELLATION OF MEMBERSHIP

sheila_a
New Contributor II

I am struggling with the varying work flows for membership refunds, based on payment method and whether a payment has been posted.  We use QB for our record keeping so just about everything is exported.  My current issue seems to be with cancellation of a membership due to non payment.  In other words, the card payment was declined so I need to cancel it.  I updated the membership status to "cancel".  When prompted with the question regarding whether or not to refund, I selected "DO NOTHING".  An auto generated invoice was then produced showing the movement of funds from the liability account to sales, which I believe is fine.  However, the problem is that it is NOT a sale!  I thought if I deleted the membership task from the initial invoice in ST and "synced" the change, that it would update accordingly in QB, but it did not.  The invoice is showing past due.  I  now have a zero customer balance in ST but a $200 balance in QB.  How do I fix this and what is the correct work flow for this particular scenario from start to finish?  

6 REPLIES 6

RandiThompson
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I don't have that prompt about doing a refund but my work flow to cancel a billed membership that is exported is to create an adjustment invoice on the original billing invoice with the membership renewal task, I type canceled in the description and make the price a negative amount, then export the adjustment invoice

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

Ok.  I actually am attempting something similar now using a completely different task id only to be used for membership cancellations.  Still similar to your suggestion.  By pricing it a negative amount, this won't create a new membership still? 

That work flow doesn't work because it automatically creates a new membership.  

RandiThompson

Do you have a membership "sale" task and a "renewal" task? 

Randi Thompson

Yes, I do. 

RandiThompson

the renewal task shouldn't create a new membership? Well I say that ours are set up as ongoing so the renewal is just the billing. 

Randi Thompson